Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Need guidance & some suggestions.

My Website is https://ninjatechc.com

I offer various tech support Services. I want to try to make some ad Revenue but Haven't really gotten that to work well just yet.

Need suggestions on what I should do. I hear some make a good amount from ads & want to know what I could do to improve the reach of the site. I thought blogging would help. How could I get ppl to basically use the site? To wanna sign up. Familiar with Website design but marketing not so familiar with.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    300 times
    Interesting design! I like that your social media icons do not interfere with your content.

I am a bit confused by your niche. Do you have a single niche or are you attempting to cover several?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Interesting design! I like that your social media icons do not interfere with your content.

I am a bit confused by your niche. Do you have a single niche or are you attempting to cover several?
    Several I guess. I do tech support but find that I have to do more than that. I added forums & blogging as an attempt to draw interests.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think that's your problem...you're all over the map. You're a consultant, but you want to offer ads because people make money off of them (I'm one of those people, but not enough to make a living). Ads are suited for sites with content that doesn't have a sales purpose...meaning say news sites, portals, WDF, things like that. You're trying to sell consulting on this site...focus on that only, unless you're sick of tech and you want to branch out into other stuff.

You're also killing yourself by using WP. According to Google Pagespeed Insights, your initial server response time is 1 second...I think that's actually kind of light (it seemed closer to 2.5-3 seconds to me):

https://developers.google.com/speed/...com&tab=mobile

This is a side effect of the plugins that you're using, and that possibly come bundled with your theme. I'd start with WooCommerce...if you're not selling anything, you don't need to use it. If you're selling stuff, you still shouldn't use it. The thing is just a mess. Strip down as many of those as you possibly can.

The one other thing I would suggest is that your color scheme should be dark text on light background rather than the dark theme you're using. I get what you're trying to accomplish, but it's hard to read your logo and I think you can work dark ninja symbolism in to the site without going full Batman with it. I'd also look at changing that font, although that's just me and my inveterate hatred of Georgia (it's horrible with numbers). I like the Salsa font you're using, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I think that's your problem...you're all over the map. You're a consultant, but you want to offer ads because people make money off of them (I'm one of those people, but not enough to make a living). Ads are suited for sites with content that doesn't have a sales purpose...meaning say news sites, portals, WDF, things like that. You're trying to sell consulting on this site...focus on that only, unless you're sick of tech and you want to branch out into other stuff.

You're also killing yourself by using WP. According to Google Pagespeed Insights, your initial server response time is 1 second...I think that's actually kind of light (it seemed closer to 2.5-3 seconds to me):

https://developers.google.com/speed/...com&tab=mobile

This is a side effect of the plugins that you're using, and that possibly come bundled with your theme. I'd start with WooCommerce...if you're not selling anything, you don't need to use it. If you're selling stuff, you still shouldn't use it. The thing is just a mess. Strip down as many of those as you possibly can.

The one other thing I would suggest is that your color scheme should be dark text on light background rather than the dark theme you're using. I get what you're trying to accomplish, but it's hard to read your logo and I think you can work dark ninja symbolism in to the site without going full Batman with it. I'd also look at changing that font, although that's just me and my inveterate hatred of Georgia (it's horrible with numbers). I like the Salsa font you're using, though.
    Its kind of complicated but mainly times are rough. So I been Looking for other avenues to make extra money. So I added all of that.

Woocommerce I did notice does affect things. The idea with woocommerce though was to try out making of an online store. I originally had the Shop section separate but under a subdomain but as the product list got huge the backend slowed to a crawl so I pulled it and started over. Well I had to cause someone go into it.. Freaking Wordpress using FTP and was trying to use it to serve their own ads through redirection. The Russians....lol.

Basically I wanted to learn the online store thing. I have been getting the notion that the online store should be a Separate site and on a Wordpress optimized host with SSD drives. I just cant spare the extra cost just yet.

My idea in offering tech forums though was to broaden tech support side's reach a bit. You know maybe get a few remote support gigs.

I think I will pull Woocomerce & the shop down though until I am ready to take that on. The shop is an Amazon Affiliate so the only products on there are from Amazon. Also a Linkshare Affiliate so some stuff from Microsoft walmart. I was gonna add Best Buy stuff but their commission on most of their links is 0. So What's the point? They only Give commisions on Geeksquad & I guess their own Cell Service plans that their own site doesnt even care to present properly. Ill just do the shop site on some free server host to satisfy the urge. (It was also a way to learn it so)

You think a light background is better? I think I will do that actually. Lol i think knew that but been resisting it cause I just liked it dark.... knowing that light backgrounds are the trend & easier on the eyes.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What you think about tech news blogging though? U think that should stay?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Depends on what you're going to do with it.

If you're going to offer content that your customers would find relevant, then sure, it makes sense. It's technology that they can use. This is where your "all over the map" approach comes into play though...you write about tech from the standpoint of a techie. That's great...if your target market is other techies (and it almost never should be because techies are among the worst people to try to sell anything to). It doesn't play well when you're talking about a custom tower that you built for whomever, because the average customer that requires some form of consulting isn't likely to hire you to build a tower with lights and a plexiglass case and all the rest of it. Heck, I'm a web developer and I don't want anything beyond "plain black". I'll devote my financial resources toward the resources inside my computer that are more practical.

You could write the blog as a standalone, but then you'd have to have something to say and something original to offer. The problem with tech is that you're almost guaranteed not to find anything.

The ads? I get it. You want a quick buck. But are you willing to forego a potential consulting customer for the possibility of a 5% commission on a cell phone case? Walmart is also quietly heading down the same road as Amazon...and somehow managing to do it worse than Amazon did. They're trying to get other vendors to sign up to sell things on Walmart (just like Amazon), except that they appear to have made one very critical error...they appear to have outsourced the development to an Asian country (most likely India). I have a client who signed up with them and it started out great...then we had to resubmit the product feed and everything turned to hot garbage. We ended up "selling" another vendor's products because we were able to overwrite their listings (my client sells jewelry and he was "selling" camera cases on Walmart). This has created all kinds of confusion for customers, lots of refunds...and from your standpoint, lowered commission expectations. If it were me personally, I'd avoid both companies right now...Amazon because they've been a horrible company in just about every aspect since they started, and Walmart because they're trying to compete with Amazon and putting holes in their online brand in the process.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmmm okay... thnks 4 your input

Remove Ads