Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Red face App & Site design for small business. Feedback welcome!

Hi,

More work needs to be done on my submission...sorry for thread...
    Last edited by SMBsites; Feb 19th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Your virtual office looks nice.

I'm going to tell you something for which there are two options:

1) You listen to me now.
    2) You're forced to listen to others tell you the same thing without saying a word to you later.

Here's what I'm going to tell you: your business model is deeply, deeply flawed. You're going to build websites using 3rd party resold apps, which makes you one of about a million people doing similar things. Heck, there are people doing the same thing with WordPress and plugins, and those are free. Maybe they don't do what your resold apps do, but it really doesn't matter. The reason it doesn't matter is because you're not doing or selling anything that would distinguish you from anyone else. The whole apps and plugins thing has spawned a legion of so-called developers who basically try to build websites using the web equivalent of Legos. Different colors, different shapes, they don't always fit, there are oddball pieces like the weird triangle roof that lead to dead ends during construction, etc. and so on. If you want to distinguish yourself and have something worth offering, sell your own stuff that you built yourself.

The other part of the flaw lies in your carousel:
    What industry experts are saying about mobile in 2017

Not only does mobile optmization provide a 74% increase in your visitors’ understanding of your product or service compared to a non-optimized site, but it also increases the likelihood of your visitors purchasing your product or service by 64%.
    Neil Patel, Co-founder of Crazy Egg and Hello Bar

There's a misspelling in your quote ("optmization"), but that isn't the issue of which I speak. The issue is that you're quoting someone else and touting that person as an expert. While that may or may not be true, it doesn't matter...when you do this, you're saying, "hey, I don't have any original thoughts of my own, so I'll tell you what someone else said and you'll know why to use me." Why wouldn't anyone use the person that you chose to quote, or at least use a company or individual who that person recommended, instead of you?

(Side note: that's not an opinion shared by everyone, including myself. Since we're quoting people, you may want to look at what Peter Thiel says. Basically cell phones have gone as far as they're going to go).

You'll notice I didn't criticize your design. That's by design, because your aesthetics ultimately are meaningless. What matters is that you don't have a unique selling proposition.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads