Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Take a look...

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

I just started to make this website so almost none of the link are working yet, just tell me what you think of the initial layout and usability. Thanks

Click Here
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    i like it all except one thing - the navigation rollovers - although they look qite cool - i think a different colour might give a better effect. good start - 4/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree. Nice on all accounts.

I'm curious about how this site will differ from other sites (such as the Yankee's official web site)?

Member #
    Thanks for your replies.

What color do you suggest? I made it that color to go with my color scheme, but I could change it.

As for the difference between my site and other yankee sites is that I am implement a shrine feature which I describe on the homepage as well as a complete history of the yankees and also a searchable stat database which has every possible stat since the yankees were a team.

My site does not focus alot on current events (scores, news ect)too many sites have that, mine focuses more on Yankee History and memoribilia.

oh i almost forgot, the navigation links aren't rollovers. The are just table cells with a mouseover css style.

BTW, anyone using anything besides IE, if you are can you tell me how it looks or differs from IE and if anything is screwed up? Thanks
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    I'll disregard the content and stick to the design (I'm psyched about the win tonight, I'll give you that hint
    :ichatangel: ).

The design looks clean and clear. The banner could be a little more impressive, there's alot of empty space behind that logo. Also, it looks like you have a <br> tag or something after the word "for":
    "Welcome to YankeeShrine.com, the virtual "holy land" for..."
    Other than that, looks cool.

Member #
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    [B]I'll disregard the content and stick to the design (I'm psyched about the win tonight, I'll give you that hint
    :ichatangel: ).
    Don't get me started. I'm confident Roger will come up big tommorrow however, I think you're mentally unstable "pitcher" will crack under the pressure.

Well, forgetting your belong to the Enemy, I thank you for your input. Regarding the line break tag, there isnt one, I just have the cell padding up a little to keep that top image and the text seperated.

Yeah I agree about the logo, needs some tweaking. I don't want anything real extravagant though, I want to keep the nice clean look.
    I'll work on it though.

Thanks again for the reply.....and long live the Curse of the Bambino!
    www.stevenspoker.com

Member #
    Haha, we shall see, Pedro never has two bad starts in a row.

Trying to keep this on topic, I attached a screen shot of what I see in Mozilla, I don't think it's cell padding that's causing the problem. I could be wrong, but it looks like something else is up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Just as I suspected. I checked your code, and this is what I see:
    Code:
    YankeeShrine.com, the virtual &quot;holy land&quot; for<br>
                    fans of the infamous Bronx Bombers. Using our exclusive &quot;
    <a href="http://www.yankeeshrine.com/">Shrine</a>&quot; 
                    feature, you can browse, rate, upload, and edit our database of 
                    &quot;Yankee shrines&quot; which are collections of memorabilia, news 
                    clippings, posters, cards, or anything else Yankee related. Also 
                    be sure to check out our other Yankee resources, and have a 
                    great stay!</font></td>
    Take out the <BR> and you should be fine.

Member #
    Whoops, didnt even see that. I will fix it up right away. Thanks for posting that screen, I noticed that the NYYFan.com scores table is a little screwed up too, although I can't change that, its just a script pointing to an external source.
    What ver of Mozilla are you running? from the screen it looks like you cant see the iframe I have under the news heading.
    Oh well, I think ill take that out anyway, I dont need it now that my news is db driven, and besides its bad practice, or so I hear.

Thanks again.
    www.stevenspoker.com

Member #
    I'm running Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1. I just figured the News and Updates section was still under construction, it appears empty for me. Database driven is better than iframe though for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads