Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: Rate the readability/UX of my site!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Rate the readability/UX of my site!

Hey there WDF!

I've recently been concerned about the readability and UX of one of my sites. I'd love for you all to take a look and comment or make and suggestions.

Here is the homepage: Home - FSE Special Purpose Doors

And here is an example of a blog post/landing page: Fire Doors | The Range from FSE Special Purpose Doors

Thanks in advance!

Nat

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    OK Nat, you asked for it.

When I first started in this business 14 years ago, the first thing pounded into my thick skull was this. Only two people in the world care about you and your business. You and your mother!

I look at your home page and every paragraph begins with some form of ME! Your target market doesn't care. They are interested in only one thing. WIIFM - WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME? Yes, I am shouting. It is that important.

Talk about your visitor. What does (s)he want? What will make your visitor want to read your content? What information is (s)he looking for? What questions do they have? Give these things to them and they will love you for it and want to buy from YOU.

So take all that content and convert it from talking about ME to talking about YOU!
    Last edited by delstu; Feb 28th, 2017 at 03:35 AM.
    hiitsme likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Another readability related thing - I would increase the font size for the text at the bottom part of the homepage, it is a bit too small. I would also increase the line height for the remaining text: at the moment it is too tight for comfortable reading, I think a good rule of thumb is that it should be around 140-150% of the font size (though of course much depends on the font and size).

Also, the homepage lacks a clear starting point; should users not be prompted to browse the products?

Remove Ads