Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

well I googled a site for prefessionals to take a look at my site....since I don't know anyone that can give reasonable input

take a look at it and tell me what you think... http://www.rjscomptech.tk

I only have 1 client's site up there now because the other 3 sites I did, 2 are not paying me anymore and 1 just lost interest and was never updated (that one I did for free)

Member #
    It's a pretty basic design, the picture in the middle isn't the best quality. It looks like you used some effects on the sides of the image, which make it look like a low quality jpeg.

Also, your entire site is images - no text. This is a search engine optimization nightmare. Google will see your site as blank pages.

Finally, your mouseovers seem to be bulky. I think if they were more subtle, they'd be better.

Member #
    I like it.

Simple, Clean layout thats very easy to read and navigate.
    The only critisim I have is about those large images you use for the body of your site. Not only will they slow down page loads on slower connections, forcing the user to wait for the entire image to load before they can see your content, but it will also prevent search engines from spidering your content and thus reducing the chance of people finding your site when they search for related information.

I don't know if you want to do this, but I think you you should redo the body of your site using actual text for the content and editing the text out of the original images and placing the resulting images in the text either right or left aligned or have the text wrap around them.

Just a thought.:classic:
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    You can also set some of those images as background images for table cells, and type over them. Just be sure to specify your cell widths and heights.

Member #
    sorry you don't like it I guess I'm a nub at websites...oh well they can't all be good

Member #
    Everyone like the site , i believe they are giving you suggestions on how to improve it in the future ..
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    Hey Gemini... I like the look on this page... The colors are neat. I think the images will even work for you if you just do one thing and that's change them from GIF to JPG format.... That should cut their loading time by at least half and make everyone happy just make sure to save them at no more than 65 - 70 quality. if you need help just give me a buzz.

Christopher Powers
    c.powers@jobtarget.com
    Christopher Powers
    c.powers@performingjobs.com
    PerformingJobs

Member #
    I think chris meant to say Ryan
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    well, i used fireworks for it....and it automatically saved in gif format

Member #
    Yeah ... meant to say Ryan, I've never gotten used to the way messages are displayed on this site.

You can use Photoshop ImageReady to really squeeze the K's outta those images

Chris
    Christopher Powers
    c.powers@performingjobs.com
    PerformingJobs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads