Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Talking Opinions, suggestions, etc, please? :)

Hi!

I have worked on my own websites. In the past I have mostly worked on Wordpress, but my skills are very basic and I had too many problems when I wanted to customise stuff.

I've been wandering between Wix and Squarespace and I finally choose the first one for one of my sites and the other one is still on Wordpress. It has more flexibility to customise.... but on the other hand it's less responsive.

Anyhow, I continue to work on them every once in a while. Do you have any opinions about the system choice?

If you'd like to take a look and give your comments, please do

My personal site as a freelancer
    www.alejandrolorenzo.com

My site as a teacher
    VALOKUVAUSKURSSI - VALOKUVAUSKURSSI
    Last edited by Alejandro Lorenzo; Apr 29th, 2017 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Added info about the links

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The design looks nice, but the two important factors I notice straight away:

1. The homepage takes on average 10-15seconds to load, this is probably due to Wix loading countless Javascript libraries, your page isn't even utilising most of them, this is real problem across most Wix created websites (They are one of the worst site builder services availible, although most of them aren't much better).
    There is 164 Javascript files being requested on page load, added together they are double the size of every image on the page combined, and each individual request regardless of filesize will slow your page load time.
    - Without moving away from Wix this is going to be a hard thing to fix, yet is very important, 10-15seconds load time is very slow and will effect your SEO.

2. It isn't responsive, your website is not usable for any smaller than laptop screen devices.
    - This is something you can definitely work on and improve. Maybe look into using media queries or another responsive technique.
    Last edited by codin; Apr 29th, 2017 at 05:49 AM.

Member #
    I agree with Codin.
    The homepage (or landing page) requires several seconds to load. Try to install a plugin just like SuperCache (its FREE and working good)
    There are also some other plugins that can compress all your CSS and JS files.
    Try to check your photos. You can reduce quality a little bit and show the best image quality once user click on them.

Remove Ads