Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

plug&paid - Tell us what you think

Dear WDF Community,

Great forum here. Looking forward to hear your comments to both the landing page and actual product to be found at: www.plugnpaid.com.

I decided this time not to describe anything about the product itself and what it does, as I want to hear your feedback as to whether this point is clear to you from just reading the landing page. We've been optimising the landing page for some weeks now so hopefully the work has paid off.

Furthermore, any tips on how we could improve our shopping cart solution, features you would like and general problems you foresee using our solution would be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to the discussion.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

George
    Last edited by plugnpaid; Apr 30th, 2017 at 03:12 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I am a little lost. I get a blue bar and if I scroll it to the right place I can see a menu. Right off the bat it asks me if I will accept cookies (love that) Chocolate Chip please. If I click start here it still shows me nothing.

I am just not sure what you want a review on. The blue bar is a nice blue if that helps. Since that is about all I get that is the best answer I can give.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well...I get it. It's not that hard to figure out. It's a widget to make e-commerce Super Easy because people can pay in a Super Easy way and it's Super Easy and they'll make gazillions of dollars because it's Super Easy!
    you'r
    The problem is that widgets and e-commerce websites don't belong. When you get into the types of things you're talking about, there are a lot of variables to consider:

Volume discounts
    Shipping (especially anyone who uses a provider with a real-time API such as say UPS)
    The customer's shipping address
    Fraud, although this is largely handled at the payment processor end...it may be something the customer has to figure out and deal with
    How the customer gets the information to an e-commerce site that (s)he is running him/herself (e.g. an osCommerce site)
    Additional API considerations (e.g. if a merchant wants to add customers to a Constant Contact mailing list, how would they do that?)

These are just a few things off the top of my head.

This might work for simple, mom-and-pop, low-risk-little-to-no-and-likely-no-reward types of sites. It won't work for anything serious.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    I am a little lost. I get a blue bar and if I scroll it to the right place I can see a menu. Right off the bat it asks me if I will accept cookies (love that) Chocolate Chip please. If I click start here it still shows me nothing.

I am just not sure what you want a review on. The blue bar is a nice blue if that helps. Since that is about all I get that is the best answer I can give.
    Hello Turboguy,

what browser version are you using? I am more of an Oatmeal Raisin guy myself.

Thank you.
    Last edited by plugnpaid; May 01st, 2017 at 12:46 AM.

Member #
    Thank you for your feedback. "Super Easy" sounds highly marketable, we just might use that "

This might work for simple, mom-and-pop, low-risk-little-to-no-and-likely-no-reward types of sites. It won't work for anything serious." - That is right. Exactly our target market. Serious sales have also been made this way.

Volume discounts: At the moment we only define discounts on the shipping cost, in which we allow the merchant to bundle costs. We do not offer a piece price reduction based on the quantity ordered. Good tip.

Shipping: We are also in the process of implementing a shipping API (Rocketship.it) to provide Merchants some automation when it comes to the shipping rates, generating labels and tracking numbers. Just needs a little more time but in the meantime you can enter shipping description, rates, destinations and discounts manually as you would with any other shopping or marketplace solution.

The customer's shipping address? I did not quite get the question. The customer enters their shipping address when they checkout.

Fraud: We are not a full-fledged marketplace or storefront solution, therefore we do not deal with disputes and such. In some form the payment gateway also provides Fraud protection to a certain extent.

How the customer gets the information: There is an entire user interface behind this to manage your customers, sales, inventory and cart. You can extract all your buyer's information and do your own mailing list yourself if you wish via a third party such as Mailchimp. Although it is a "nice to have" feature, there is no necessity to have this feature built-in (at least we think so) plus that is not a feature we need for our target users and price segment.
    Last edited by plugnpaid; May 01st, 2017 at 12:59 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Any size of an ecommerce or woocomerce site should be taken seriously now.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    Any size of an ecommerce or woocomerce site should be taken seriously now.
    Bless you

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    1. Not a fan of the font colour choices, the blue colour on the purple before it transitions to white doesn't look good in my opinion.
    2. Your website is responsive which is good, but your mobile version is a bit messy, some images aren't centered, some of the fonts are not changing colour and unreadable, no padding between the fonts and the side of the page making it look very crushed.
    3. "Selling online couldn't be easier Create buttons, links and widgets ('plugs') that direct customers to your shopping cart" is one of the parts not changing colour, and isn't going to be readable by people with poor eyesight or colour blind people.

From reading the front page I assume you are selling a shopping cart plugin, but I struggle to see any reason why I would use it over other free products that do the same.

How is this any different to making a custom Paypal button?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by codin View Post
    1. Not a fan of the font colour choices, the blue colour on the purple before it transitions to white doesn't look good in my opinion.
    2. Your website is responsive which is good, but your mobile version is a bit messy, some images aren't centered, some of the fonts are not changing colour and unreadable, no padding between the fonts and the side of the page making it look very crushed.
    3. "Selling online couldn't be easier Create buttons, links and widgets ('plugs') that direct customers to your shopping cart" is one of the parts not changing colour, and isn't going to be readable by people with poor eyesight or colour blind people.

From reading the front page I assume you are selling a shopping cart plugin, but I struggle to see any reason why I would use it over other free products that do the same.

How is this any different to making a custom Paypal button?

Thank you for your feedback. I will take that back to the lab.

To answer your question, a lot of those "free products" are real plugin scripts (not hosted like ours) made for people with a bit more coding know-how when it comes to setting them up and configuring them on their server or with an existing storefront template. These free shopping cart solutions are also unique to one website/domain only, whereas our shopping cart is hosted in the cloud and therefore a single cart can be shared or installed in multiple locations on the web. For example you can have one cart being shared as a Link on a forum, the same cart can be called up in the form of a button on your blog and you might also have a big Facebook page following and use a plug&paid system generated link to setup your "Shop Now" call to action button. This is the difference of distributed commerce versus conventional shopping cart "plugin" type solutions.

With PayPal, you can only support PayPal payments. You cannot configure the button's design and text. You do not have many metrics, such as where did you install the buttons, how many views, clicks etc. You cannot attach more than one product (if I am not mistaken). There are just many limitations to the PayPal button, especially for webmasters who want a more data driven shopping cart solution which can be customized as well.
    Last edited by plugnpaid; May 01st, 2017 at 07:18 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by plugnpaid View Post
    Hello Turboguy,

what browser version are you using? I am more of an Oatmeal Raisin guy myself.

Thank you.
    I was using IE. I just looked using Chrome and had much better results. Using IE about the only thing that showed on the page was the diagonal blue bars and a nearly unreadable menu.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads