Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Print Shop

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Print Shop

Hey, Guys. I'm looking for some feedback for my website.

It's still a work in progess and i've to add some other bits but its up and working. I was getting a really slow loading time of 20+ seconds, i think this was down to the variable data the website has but not sure.

Think im getting arounf 4-6 seconds now, still feel it needs to be fast but I can't do much else unless i get a dedicated server.

Any feed back would be much appreciated.

onlineprintshop.co.uk
    Last edited by paul81487; May 14th, 2017 at 09:33 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    The others are more expert than I am but I can't say I really liked the color scheme. Too much pink for me. The other thing I noticed was the home page loaded fairly quickly but any other pages were slow. My first impression was that you only had a home page so far since when I clicked on the other items on the menu is seemed like nothing happened and then eventually the page would open.
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi turbo guy, thanks! this is the sort of feedback I'm looking for, the other pages should also work to be honest. I'll try and sort the pink, its meant to be more magenta than pink but I can see where you're coming from. I'm finding it hard to get the speeds i want due to the amount of data for each product. Did the page load when clicking on a product. Were the product options easy enough use.
    bleau canon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Some of your speed problems could be you seem to have CloudFlare hosting and need to maybe optimize your site much better. I'm speaking of our CloudFlare experience and a few more I know experiences with CloudFlare. I'm sure others think it's the only way to go. It saved on some bandwidth but the sites actually ran slower on it.

Your site is not big enough for a dedicated server or vps unless you have many 1000's of viewers on your site at the same time. The only ecommerce sites we have on a dedicated are a couple of Magento sites that are bandwidth slaves to Magento.

We have sites much larger than your site on shared hosting and reseller hosting with solid hosting companies, NEVER an EIG brand host. We have sites the size of your site on vps due to the amount of viewers they have on their sites at one time and need the extra bandwidth.

I'm with turboguy on the pink.

Good Luck.
    turboguy and paul81487 like this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    To me the home page loaded pretty quickly but the other pages were very slow. Since some of the pages I opened have very few photos I tend to think the problem is your hosting. I use about 6 different hosting companies but never CloudFire and I don't know anything about them but Bleau Canon is very knowledgeable so I do tend to think that is the problem.

I thought the design of your site in general is pretty decent and the navigation is pretty easy to understand and well laid out but different colors convey different things and I think all that pink and light blue would be more appropriate for a site selling baby furniture or baby supplies. To be honest it would turn me off if I were looking for printing or office stuff.
    paul81487 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks guys, ill try with and without cloudflare to test. I use both cloudflare and maxCDN and reduced the loading times by about 20secs but maybe it's just maxCDN that's helping or my host is poor. Back to the drawing board with the colour it is. I'm with tsohost at the moment but I use cloud flare as a CDN

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When I think printshop sites I think 1 section showing current offers & the rest just showing the services you provide. At the moment I can only judge based on what shows up as recommend or a current special. Homepage should pretty much jump into that immediately. 3 dots menus I personally think are for mobile devices while desktop with a normal menu

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    In case there's confusion, although it appears that the site is hosted with CloudFlare:

Web Hosting Search Tool, Reviews & More at WhoIsHostingThis.com

...as Paul explained, it's not. The simple reason is that CloudFlare is not a host: they're a CDN (Content Delivery Network), and not a very good one.

https://www.cloudflare.com/cdn/

A few things:

1) CloudFlare, MaxCDN, and any other CDN won't help with server response time...well, they can, but the impact is negligible. Server response time is the time it takes for the first byte of information to be sent to the browser, not the last. Why is this relevant? Because it means that slow server response times are the result of slowly running server side code, and/or possibly slow-running database queries and/or a slow host (this can be especially true if you're running SQL Server and have a long-running stored procedure, for example; it happens). No CDN in the world will help with any or all three of these in the end.

I'd be more inclined to believe slow-running server side code and/or possibly a slow host for this reason:

https://developers.google.com/speed/...t%2F4-about-us

That's not a particularly database-query-heavy page. Maybe the cart and the content page, that's it.

Here are some things you can try in that regard:

- Take one of the pages, upload it as a static HTML page, and see how long the server takes to respond. It should be all but instantaneous given that there's no server-side code on the page; it's just static HTML.
    - Strip down one of the slow pages and add in a section at a time until it starts to slow down, and then debug the slowdown.

2) I get why you used the pink and tried to make it magenta (i.e. CMYK colour scheme). As others pointed out, though, it's not working.

3) The footer logos. Are they customers or suppliers? You should make this clear, as there is some ambiguity there.

That's about all that I've got off the top of my head.
    paul81487 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Gamechanger,

My webhost is tsohost at the moment. They seem to be going a little downhill at the moment as a few of my sites seem to be a little slow. Without cloudflare and a cdn, i'm getting 20sec+ loading time for the home page. This is cut due to image loading times etc. Do you think i should maybe look for an alternative host and if so who would you guys recommend? I have a lot of combinations for each product, could this be related? I'll change colour, what colour sheme would people recommend, cyan, reflex blue, grey? The logos I will also change.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I think the site is really attractive and has really nice looking animations when you hover the mouse over things. But yes it took eight seconds to load. That would be okay if it loaded some of it incrementally, but it was unfortunately eight seconds of blank screen until it suddenly all appears at once.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads