Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Is it nice and fresh?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Cool Is it nice and fresh?

Hi all,

What ya think?

Templates and all...

Frontend Design Templates ? Buy your website template today!

Cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    No, everything looks like hundreds of Wordpress themes.
    bleau canon and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's convenient, I'll give it that much.

I don't mean "it's convenient" as in "this will help budding young web designers find the themes of their choice to make their lives easier and spawn a generation of dazzling website". I mean "it's convenient" as in "you were nice enough to let us know that you used a TemplateMonster theme for your site and left several references to it within the outputted HTML so that I wouldn't have to guess at what it was." It was also nice of you to offer a discount on it.

Mind you, this is where things become inconvenient. Your site uses frames, so I can't link to the template on your site to get you that sweet, sweet commish. Well...I could, but I really don't want to because silly rabbit, template tricks are for script kids.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #

it's only supposed to sell themes

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    It's convenient, I'll give it that much.

I don't mean "it's convenient" as in "this will help budding young web designers find the themes of their choice to make their lives easier and spawn a generation of dazzling website". I mean "it's convenient" as in "you were nice enough to let us know that you used a TemplateMonster theme for your site and left several references to it within the outputted HTML so that I wouldn't have to guess at what it was." It was also nice of you to offer a discount on it.

Mind you, this is where things become inconvenient. Your site uses frames, so I can't link to the template on your site to get you that sweet, sweet commish. Well...I could, but I really don't want to because silly rabbit, template tricks are for script kids.
    Maybe I didn't ask it properly, my point being, is it simple enough for users to get to a template?
    It's a template monster theme, selling template monster templates with discounts, I didn't ask for conspiracy detective works, just "is it nice". No one said it's supposed to be different from any other old shopping website.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontendDesignTemplates View Post
    Maybe I didn't ask it properly, my point being, is it simple enough for users to get to a template?
    It's a template monster theme, selling template monster templates with discounts, I didn't ask for conspiracy detective works, just "is it nice". No one said it's supposed to be different from any other old shopping website.
    And like most of the design community, you missed the point completely (I'm a developer and not a designer, by the way). It doesn't matter if it's "nice" for three reasons:

1. "Nice" is subjective.

2. I'm going to quote Barack Obama, but unlike him I'm going to use the quote in the correct context: you didn't build that. You didn't build the templates that you're selling (and before you go down the "retailers don't build their products" road, I'm about to get to that). You didn't build any of the marketing materials for the templates that you're selling. You didn't write any original content to support anything you're selling. You just slapassed some templates onto a WooCommerce site with another template and called it a day. That's lazy, and it shows.

You can resell other people's products and services successfully as long as you do it in your own words using your own materials and with your own knowledge of the products and services. You've done none of that.

3. An important component of design is originality. If you're not doing something unique or original, or at the very least presenting it in a unique or original manner. then you may as well not bother. Your site is a thin affiliate site, and it's painfully obvious. It doesn't require "conspiracy detective works" to figure that out, either.

Is it "nice"? It doesn't matter. It's not yours.
    delstu likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #

never said it was mine

Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    And like most of the design community, you missed the point completely (I'm a developer and not a designer, by the way). It doesn't matter if it's "nice" for three reasons:

1. "Nice" is subjective.

2. I'm going to quote Barack Obama, but unlike him I'm going to use the quote in the correct context: you didn't build that. You didn't build the templates that you're selling (and before you go down the "retailers don't build their products" road, I'm about to get to that). You didn't build any of the marketing materials for the templates that you're selling. You didn't write any original content to support anything you're selling. You just slapassed some templates onto a WooCommerce site with another template and called it a day. That's lazy, and it shows.

You can resell other people's products and services successfully as long as you do it in your own words using your own materials and with your own knowledge of the products and services. You've done none of that.

3. An important component of design is originality. If you're not doing something unique or original, or at the very least presenting it in a unique or original manner. then you may as well not bother. Your site is a thin affiliate site, and it's painfully obvious. It doesn't require "conspiracy detective works" to figure that out, either.

Is it "nice"? It doesn't matter. It's not yours.
    It's exactly that: an affiliate site, selling with a 10% discount. Never said it was Mine.
    And it is not WooCommerce, developer.
    Last edited by FrontendDesignTemplates; May 16th, 2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot something

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Code:
    /*Dynamic styles for Woo-elements */header .woocommerce-currency-switcher-form ul.dd-options {background-color: #ffffff;}/* * Woo-elements * Listing line Products */.products .product h3,.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container h3,.products .product-category h3,.tm-woowishlist-widget-product h3,.tm-woocompare-widget-product h3 {font-style: normal;font-weight: 300;font-size: 14px;line-height: 1.1;font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0em;text-align: inherit;color: #0d3c55;}.tm_banners_grid_widget_banner_title{font-style: normal;font-weight: 400;font-size: 40px;line-height: 1.35;font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0em;text-align: inherit;color: #0d3c55;}.products .product-category .title_count_block>span,.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container .tm-categories-carousel-widget-wrapper .title_count_block>span {color: #131516;}.products .product-category > a h3:hover,.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container h3:hover,.products .product-category > a .title_count_block>span:hover,.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container .tm-categories-carousel-widget-wrapper .title_count_block>span:hover {color: #c1c7c9;}.products .product.product-list h3, .related h4,.woocommerce .page-title, .woocommerce-checkout h3,.woocommerce-checkout .woocommerce-info,.woocommerce-checkout-payment .payment_methods li label,.woocommerce-checkout h2,.tm_custom_menu_widget h3{font-style: normal;font-weight: 700;font-size: 24px;line-height: 1.54;font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0em;text-align: inherit;color: #0d3c55;}/* * Woo-elements * Woocommerce carousel-category-products */.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container .swiper-button-next,.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container .swiper-button-prev,.woocommerce .tablesaw-bar .tablesaw-advance a.tablesaw-nav-btn,.woocommerce-product-search label i {color: rgb(83,85,86);}.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container .swiper-button-next:hover,.tm-categories-carousel-widget-container .swiper-button-prev:hover,.woocommerce .tablesaw-bar .tablesaw-advance a.tablesaw-nav-btn:hover {color: #c1c7c9;}.woocommerce .swiper-container-horizontal > .swiper-pagination-bullets .swiper-pagination-bullet {background-color: #131516;}.woocommerce .swiper-container-horizontal > .swiper-pagination-bullets .swiper-pagination-bullet-active,.woocommerce .swiper-container-horizontal > .swiper-pagination-bullets .swiper-pagination-bullet:hover,.site-header-cart .cart-contents .count {background-color: #c1c7c9;}.tm_about_store_widget span {font-style: normal;font-weight: 300;font-size: 30px;line-height: 1.43;font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0em;}#tm_builder_outer_content .tm_pb_widget_area .tm_about_store_widget h3.widget-title {font-style: normal;font-weight: 500;font-size: 60px;line-height: 1.333;font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;letter-spacing: 0em;}#tm_builder_outer_content .tm_pb_widget_area .widget.tm_about_store_widget,.tm_about_store_widget,#tm_builder_outer_content .tm_pb_widget_area .tm_about_store_widget h3.widget-title{color: #ffffff;}/* * Woo-elements * Woocommerce price styles */.woocommerce .products .product .price,.woocommerce div.product span.price,.woocommerce div.product p.price,.cart_list li .quantity .amount,.woocommerce-cart .woocommerce .amount,.woocommerce-checkout .woocommerce .amount,.widget .woocs_price_code ins,.price {color: #c1c7c9;}.woocommerce .products .product .price del,.woocommerce div.product p.price del,.woocommerce div.product span.price del,.widget .woocs_price_code del {color: #131516;}/* * Woo-elements * Woocommerce product widgets */.woocommerce.widget .product-title,.woocommerce.widget .product-title a,.woocommerce ul.cart_list li>a,.woocommerce ul.product_list_widget li>a {font-style: normal;font-weight: 300;font-size: 11px;line-height: 1.001;font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;color: #0d3c55;}.woocommerce.widget .product-title a:hover,.woocommerce ul.cart_list li>a:hover,.woocommerce ul.product_list_widget li>a:hover {color: #c1c7c9;}/* Styles for product-categories */.woocommerce > ul > li .product-widget-categories,.woocommerce > ul > li .product-widget-categories a,.woocommerce > ul span.reviewer,.woocommerce.widget_shopping_cart .total span,.woocommerce .widget_layered_nav ul li {color: #131516;}.woocommerce > ul > li .product-widget-categories a:hover,.woocommerce.widget_shopping_cart .total strong,.woocommerce.widget_shopping_cart ul.cart_list > li dl dt {color: #c1c7c9;}.invert .site-header-cart .shopping_cart-dropdown-wrap .shopping_cart-header > * {color: #0d3c55;}.invert .woocommerce.widget_shopping_cart .cart_list li.empty {color: #131516;}/* * Woo-elements * Compare and wishlist buttons */.woocommerce .tm-woocompare-button,.woocommerce .tm-woowishlist-button {border-color: rgb(83,85,86);}.woocommerce .tm-woocompare-button:hover,.woocommerce .tm-woowishlist-button:hover {border-color: #c1c7c9;}.woocommerce .tm-woocompare-page-button.button.alt,.woocommerce .tm-woowishlist-page-button.button.btn {color: rgb(83,85,86);}.woocommerce .tm-woocompare-page-button.button.alt:hover,.woocommerce .tm-woowishlist-page-button.button.btn:hover {color: #131516;}.woocommerce button.button.btn {color: rgb(83,85,86);}.woocommerce button.button.btn:hover {color: #ffffff;background-color: #c1c7c9;}/* * Woo-elements * Sale-timer styles */.tm-products-sale-end-date span {background-color: #c1c7c9;color: #ffffff;}/* * Woo-elements * Styles for tags and categories list -- loop product */.product-categories li,.product-categories li a,.product-widget-tags li,.product-widget-tags li a {color: #131516;}.product-categories li a:hover,.product-widget-tags li a:hover,.widget.widget_product_categories .product-categories li,.widget.widget_product_categories .product-categories li a {color: #c1c7c9;}.widget.widget_product_categories .product-categories li a:hover,.widget.widget_product_categories .product-categories li.current-cat a {color: #131516;}.woocommerce .widget_price_filter .price_slider_amount .button {color: #131516;}.woocommerce .widget_price_filter .price_slider_amount .button:hover {background-color: #c1c7c9;border-color: #c1c7c9;color: #ffffff;}/* * Woo-elements * Buttons woo styles */.woocommerce #respond input#submit,.woocommerce a.button,.woocommerce button.button,.woocommerce button.button.tm-woocompare-empty,.woocommerce input.button,.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt,.woocommerce a.button.alt,.woocommerce button.button.alt,.woocommerce input.button.alt,.woocommerce a.button.add_to_cart_button.loading:hover,.woocommerce button.button.btn.tm-wc-ajax-load-more-button {background-color: #c1c7c9;color: #ffffff;}.woocommerce a.button.product_type_variable {color: #131516;}.woocommerce a.button.product_type_variable:after{color: #131516;}.woocommerce #respond input#submit:hover,.woocommerce a.button:hover,.woocommerce button.button:hover,.woocommerce button.button.tm-woocompare-empty:hover,.woocommerce input.button:hover,.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:hover,.woocommerce a.button.alt:hover,.woocommerce button.button.alt:hover,.woocommerce input.button.alt:hover,.woocommerce button.button.btn.tm-wc-ajax-load-more-button:hover {background-color: #131516;color: #ffffff;}.woocommerce a.button.product_type_variable:hover {color: #ffffff;background-color: #c1c7c9;border-color: #c1c7c9;}.woocommerce a.button.product_type_variable:hover:after{color: #ffffff;}.woocommerce a.button.product_type_variable:active {box-shadow: 0 0 10px #c1c7c9;}/*disable button syles*/.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt.disabled,.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt.disabled:hover,.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:disabled,.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:disabled:hover,.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:disabled[disabled],.woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:disabled[disabled]:hover,.woocommerce a.button.alt.disabled,.woocommerce a.button.alt.disabled:hover,.woocommerce a.button.alt:disabled,.woocommerce a.button.alt:disabled:hover,.woocommerce a.button.alt:disabled[disabled],.woocommerce a.button.alt:disabled[disabled]:hover,.woocommerce button.button.alt.disabled,.woocommerce button.button.alt.disabled:hover,.woocommerce button.button.alt:disabled,.woocommerce button.button.alt:disabled:hover,.woocommerce button.button.alt:disabled[disabled],.woocommerce button.button.alt:disabled[disabled]:hover,.woocommerce input.button.alt.disabled,.woocommerce input.button.alt.disabled:hover,.woocommerce input.button.alt:disabled,.woocommerce input.button.alt:disabled:hover,.woocommerce input.button:disabled,.woocommerce input.button:disabled[disabled],.woocommerce input.button:disabled:hover,.woocommerce input.button:disabled[disabled]:hover,.woocommerce input.button.alt:disabled[disabled],.woocommerce input.button.alt:disabled[disabled]:hover,.woocommerce-cart table.cart input.header-btn:disabled {background-color: rgb(168,174,176);color: #ffffff;}
    That's a whole lot of Woocommerce-related CSS for a non-Woocommerce site, don't you think?

As far as whether it's "yours" or not, here's the thing: you asked us for a review. When you ask someone for a review of web design work, the express implication is that it's your work. You're not going to ask us to review amazon.com's layout because there's nothing to be gained from such an exercise. You asked us to review your site because you want to resell these templates. That's what you did, and there's no point in trying to deny that or come up with some bizarre linguistic gymnastics to attempt to prove otherwise.

Now, the smart thing to do would be to give this silly site idea of yours up now before you waste any more time on it and generate nothing, unless you're doing this as a learning exercise...in which case you have just been taught something. If you're not doing this as a learning exercise, find another site to build and build it yourself.

Member #
    So much hate... did someone steal your Amiga cables when you were little?

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I thought the site was fairly good. It is easy to navigate and easy to find what someone would be looking for. I would say easier to use than some of the sites I have been on providing similar products.

Member #
    A little slow, the design and flow is good.

Remove Ads