Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: shred it

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

here's my new site http://www.kirmandesign.co.uk/ ok it's not my best lol i must admit there are things even i dont like about it..

The image on the profile page has links to new windows about me but i havent made them yet so dont wondur why they dont work lol

The contacts page is being remade cuz i want it to be the same size as the rest etc.. and plus i changed host so ma cgi wont b working now...

just tell me wot ya think
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    It's good. I like it

Kirman Design - your home page at the top - it isn't a hyperlink, so why is is underlined...? (the same as the header for all your pages).

You need to sort out your grammar and spelling:
    If there's something wrong with a friend's / relative's computer they all know my number and make use of my service's because they know that I'm reliable and know what i'm doing.
    in's and out's
    I'm not saying I'm excellent but there are at least three mistakes on that page. You need to get at least two other people to proof read it to spot 99% of mistakes. Mainly it is just apostrophe's when you don't actually need them.

You need to retake the picture of the printer on your services page - it has a finger mark on the camera lens (I think?). Plus your image on the contact page is not found

A suggestion for your contact page - For "service" box on quote form, how about having a dropdown menu to select this? Just an idea.

I am a freelance web designer from a town called Grimsby
    I liked the above sentence more when it said "I am a freelance web designer from Grimsby, England". I would have it say "I am a Freelance Web Designer from Grimsby, United Kingdom", or "UK". I think it sounds more "grown up".

Your website title - "Kirman Design - The freelance Web Designer that brings colour to the World Wide Web" - I think that "freelance" should have the "F" capitalised if Web and Designer have the first letter capitalised.

That's all from me - I've bin a bit picky I guess, and it's taken me 15 minutes to write this lol .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Justlivyalife brings up some good points. Links being underlined, and non-links not being underlined is something I definately agree with. Also, the "Contact" link in your footer isn't underlined, it looks just like the copyright notice, which is not a link. I'd underline that contact link.

It may just be me, but the right side of your site looks a little busy with all those outlines of all the different boxes. Making the right side a part of the top and bottom bars may look better, I dunno. Nice work.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    lol i couldnt see what you meant about the printer image finger mark.. but i edited it in photoshop so its kinda a painted feel to it.. looks ok ..

o and the contact page..

didnt i say i was we doing it ? lol

yer spelling is a bit poo just like my spell check lol..

im remaking it all now anyhow

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    lol im binning that design lol.. i dont like it

Member #
    With some more work, that design could work. It's clean and simple, which is a good thing. Try removing some of the lines on the right side to make it a little cleaner.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thats wot i dont like about it spluf...

www.kirmandesign.co.uk/v2 is loads better but i cant use it cuz it has angelina jolie in the heade ... i was messing a bit ago wiv that but.......

im remaking it and it looks pretty cool i'll show ya the end pic wen im done

Member #
    I like that design, it works really well for a personal site. The design we've been critiquing works much better though as a professional/portfolio site.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    yer your rite there ... i just dont know ow to make my headers and gd the ones ive came up with so far are cool but i like the ded gd 3d ones but i dont know how to make them,..

i suppose id need a 3d program ... ah well

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    ok here's a look at the header... http://www.kirmandesign.co.uk/test/new.html

tell me wot u think...

Remove Ads