Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is the site for the local Explorer Scout Group. Basically it's a version of scouts mixed with venture scouts for 14 to 18 year olds. The site is still under construction, and the "Under Construction" images are the webmaster's choice. I did the design and layout.

Check it out here!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Not bad. I'm not wild about the green in the banner, it doesn't look good next to the blue in the nav. Also, the font you've used in the banner doesn't have a very good "L", it looks more like an "I". I'd choose a different font.

There's some whitespace left on the homepage, a picture would look good there to spruce up the design some more.

Finally, some mouseovers would be a nice touch. The entire nav and mouseovers could be done w/ text and CSS too.

Member #
    The nav does have mouseovers , I thought about doing it in CSS - but i thought it might blend in a bit better using images.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Ah, well the mouseovers don't work in Mozilla.

EDIT: Just went back to double check, and they do work. Maybe I just missed them the first time. :ichatangel:

Member #
    Can you do some separation of your thumbnails? They all touch up against each other and it looks crowded.

The colors and layout are fine with me.

Member #
    I like it tbh, nice color scheme along with clear layout.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hey,

just been browsing posts and here's a few tips on it from me.

- the bevel effect on your header doesnt look right try loosing the bevel and give your header some sort of logo feel to it.. i dunno maybe a curv through it or sommin...??

- My old layout was similer to this and i figured it looks a lot better with a footer and on the footer just say copyright of blah blah and u could even have a link to your portfolio site ?

That is insted of having your details at the bottom of each page in the content area.. ?

the photos page as mentioned by another member is well cramped. try having a few pages of them but with like 10 or 12 small captoions on each page ? and put them in tables this will improve how they are laid out... o and use cell padding if need be...
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Other member?? Can't find it lol - I was thinking about doing this as it happens - I thought it would look nicer. Are there any complaints when using other browsers anyone? like Mozilla, Firebird, or Netscape. Anyone on Mac can have a look at it using Safari or something?

Member #
    Has anybody else got any comments to add about the site?

Member #
    The homepage is fairly nice, looks tidy and smart, well spaced out and arranged.

Maybe you could do with a little more on the homepage that is all.

Nice one,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads