Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

most comments on my last thread were useful, so here goes with another site...

http://www.gowebdesign.co.uk

Member #
    well considering it is still under contruction what can we say?
    So I take it you would like comments about the portfolio pages?

I like the mouse over the picture and the writing appearing effect. Fairly smart, would like to know how to do that myself. And the index page is smart where people enter the site from.

Member #
    I think the portfolio site you have is a little "large" as such.

The "under contruction" image is cool - but you should set it as the background to a cell - and set the cell width to 100% - because I can see you have it designed for large resolutions - but doing as above would remove horizontal scrollingat lower (8*6) resolutions in particular.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Intriguing design, though a few things...

1. If you are on the "Home" page (index2.html) and you choose "Home" again, you get an error (you are linking to index.html under the portfolio folder).

2. The mouseover effect on the image of the Home page is kinda neat, but not noticeable until you actually move your mouse over it, which many people may not do or know to do.

3. The nav buttons - I find they don't fit the design of the site - they look like an afterthought. That and they could use some rollovers as well.

4. I find there is a lot of wasted "real-estate" - in otherwords, a lot of empty space, to my liking, anyways (to the right)

Just my 2 cents, for what's its worth :classic:

Member #
    The splash page, which is useless, looks nothing like the rest of your site. I'd suggest you get rid of it - splash pages are just another hurdle visitors need to jump through anyways.

All of the text on your site is written in images - Search engines will not index your site, because they can't read images. Your site is blank to them. It's also a heavier download than it needs to be. Type out as much text as possible.

You're using different buttons in your navigation on every page. This slows down the download even more. If you reuse buttons throughout the site, using the same name, they won't need to be redownloaded by the visitor after every page.

Good start, keep up the good work.

Member #
    Why does the enter link from the splash page open in a new window?
    Nothing to see here

Banned
    Member #
    daniel - the rollover effects pretty easy, just use mask and differ alpha levels
    spluff- thanks for the button comment, never occurred to me, this is my fault for being lazy and saving as html from photoshop

the front page is a little confusing..not intended as a splash, the two sites are seperate entities, not got round to building and finding content for gowebdesign, thanks for comments all on both

Remove Ads