Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Personal site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi :bandit:

New here... so I thought i'd start off and just get some opinions on one of my sites.

It's just a personal page that hasn't been updated in a while but is meant to keep track of the progress of a little hobby of mine... keeping a salt water tank.

http://www.cpugh.com

Like I said... it hasn't been updated in a while so the only real content is under the "Tank Setup" pics. I'm sure i'll get complaints about the resizing script. :cross-eyed: And I hope your resolution isn't too low. :lick:

Anyways.... feel free to comment.

Member #
    I'm sure i'll get complaints about the resizing script. And I hope your resolution isn't too low.
    OL - yeh you will. From me. Its a cool idea, and I actually like it, but on 800*600, it really doesn't work. It looks okay on 1024 & 768, but I can't go above...

Otherwise, I like the size - i like the fade in effects as well.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    That resizing script is really, really annoying, especially since it resizes badly in 1024x768 which is the most popular res. Surely it would be easier to just redesign in 8x6, it looks similar anyway...

Member #
    Yup, put me down for a complainer about the resizing script. Especially because it resizes the browser everytime I click a link. I think if you design this page w/ multiple resolutions in mind, it'd be a pretty good site. Centering the site would be an improvement, IMO.

Member #
    I really like the design in general (although I agree that the resize script is very annoying) and that palm tree picture is nice, as it is a hybrid between a picture and a vector, imo. I would size down the header a good bit, though (cut out some of the top clouds) because it gets in the way somewhat.

Member #
    *sighs* - resizing=annoying for me and is an instant turnoff - enough of one that that's all I have to say.

Member #
    Yeah resizer is anoying. Also you need something on the main page stating what the sites about.

Remove Ads