Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Website review request for bounce-rate issues

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Website review request for bounce-rate issues

Hi guys so ive tweaked and worked with google analytics to try find out why people are bouncing of my site, and in one last effort to convince myself that its not bad design and rather a content issue i want you guy to review the home page specifically and tell me what would me you bounce as a user ........you would be doing me a massive favour ... My Bouncy website

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    #1 - Slow loading!
    #2 - Content, specifically the headings, do not make it clear enough what is being offered. I do see an implied offer.

You might lose the slider and just tell your audience how you can relieve their pain. --- benefits, benefits, benefits.
    ragnar likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hi deltsu i appreciate your response

So im not sure if you were sarcastic but please correct me if im wrong.... By the content point, you are saying , i should be more clear about what im offering. Maybe a little more about how i can help then what i can do. Its implied i think my wording is maybe just wrong i think im going to have to do some research into writing and see if i cant come up with a better " Pitch ".

gt metrix has me at 3.5 secs il have to check that out thanks.......Shows you never trust one tool

Member #
    There is definitely too much going on! Simplify the color and movement of objects/sections. There are lines pointing in different directions and too many things trying to grab my attention. People can only focus on one thing and then move to the next, trying making things easier to read.

Best regards,
    Christian

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ok ive done some work on titles and text , as for the slider im still pondering on it.. Yeah chris you are referring to those circular blue line all over the place right ? i thought when i put them on this is probably not such a good idea.

i can kill the sticky script so the page runs as one insted of overlapping section ( i kinda dont want to because i coded that feature from scratch , but yeah i can see it confusing the heck out of users ) , When i switch to mobile i disable that script becase most mobile phones dont handle 8 or 9 overlapping divs on the z index too well especially ios .
    Last edited by ragnar; Dec 24th, 2017 at 02:56 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I think what im going to have to do here is do some sort of ab testing make changes and see on google analytics behavior flow what happens , to find the best converting solution. My problem is i made this website so im too biased on everything when i know hey this looks alright and was fun to code , but a customer does not give a .....

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    The only people that come to your website to admire your design are other designers. For your audience your design has to invite them in to consume your content. Who was it said "don't look at me, look at this". The number one purpose of design is to display your content to its best advantage.

When I go to your site I have to scroll down to find the benefits you offer me. If you are going to use a slider then incorporate these benefits into your content at the top of the page, don't make me scroll down to find them:

that increases sales
    converts prospects
    that sell your brand
    earns client trust
    ragnar likes this.

Member #
    I like the information shared. Your efforts in researching such a good content is really appreciated.

Member #
    Hello buddy,

I need to tell you something. If your bounce rate is higher than that of your competitor sites or pages competing in search engines for the same phrases and keywords then it is considered by search engine that there is a major disconnect between what your site/page title tags and description tags show to searchers when they look for the phrases and keywords they are searching for and what you really present in terms of content and searcher expectations on your website.

What do you understand by higher bounce rate is just that people arenít getting from your website/web page what they would want or what would they expect.

But keep in mind, that bounce rate and retention rate are tracked per page, not just on your domain name as a whole.

Regards
    Alisha

Member #
    The site is very well, but I can't navigate to your sub-services, all services links are set to empty. So, it will also give a bad experience to your users. And some of the layouts are not mobile friendly. That's it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads