Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

1st page using dreamweaver/flash/fireworks/photshop...feedback plz

hey, this is my first post and my first page using dreamweaver, fireworks, flash, and photoshop. I used to make pages in just raw html and hand code everything! but now i gots myself a decent page i think and i would just like to see your feedback on it I WANT CRITICISM b/cuz thats the only way to get better. I will post another layout i am working on today or tommorow. but for now how is this site? Delta Web Designs thanx alot for your feedback.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    It's got an interesting look, but I wasn't sure what to do. The word Enter that keeps popping up sideways has no bearing on how you enter the site. You have three unmarked buttons that bring up what looks like and acts like menus, but the text on them isn't clear about what happens if you click on them.

Personally, I don't like splash pages. I'd rather be taken directly to the site's main page. But if you really want a splash page, at least make it clear how to get from there to the main page. And provide a text-based alternate link.

Member #
    IM not to sure on your opening page. And for a webdesign company your site is very dark and has a gothic feel to it.

Its not a bad site overall but its just not a style to suite its content, Its a little scary and off putting and may scare visitors away.

But look on the bright side, it does look good and the design is good. But maybe a different colour here and there.

Member #
    I agree with the others, splash pages are bad, and this is a bad splash page. I can barely read "Delta Web Designs" because the text effects make it illedgible. The dark design doesn't give the site a warm and welcoming feel, which I would think you would want.

Also, I don't like the animation in the nav. It's distracting and takes the focus off your content. Most animation on websites should be non-looping, IMO.

Member #
    ok, thanx for the info, i threw this layout in like a 1/2 hour, i still have to work on a banner and mouse overs, but the main changes that are going to take place are, color, flash images, and no splash page. here is the link http://www.deltawebdesigns.net/DWDNewLayout.jpg please tell me your thoughts on it. or what kind of layout i should stick to.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    Well, for starters, it's HUGE. You may want to design a site for 800x600, that's still a popular resolution on the 'net today. This design just looks big and bulky, too many thick borders IMO.

Member #
    I prefer the gothic one to that.

Remove Ads