Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please review www.TJDesigns.org

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Front page with flash loaded instantaneously for me, very nice. The flash is a tad long IMHO.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    The flash intro is cool, but splash pages are useless, and another step users must take to get to your site. The design is ok, but I'm not a fan of the flash you've used on the homepage. Those moving lines and the moving text is distracting while trying to read the rest of the page. If you want animation, I'd atleast make it non-looping.

Also, some people probably won't notice it, but the Golden Web Award is given to anyone with a pulse unfortunately. aranoid: I don't think you'll see many large companies clinging to their Golden Web Award victory.

Check your consultation page. In Mozilla, the images are very misaligned - there's a big white space in the middle of your banner. You're probably missing a tag somewhere...IE is forgiving when it comes to missing or extra tags.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think you need to elaborate on your services pages a bit. Everything just leads to a form to fill in with a 48hour response. Give the visitor something to read and a few examples so they have an idea about how much your service may cost.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    No need to reciprocate reviews here. WDF members are happy to help out.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    That said....

I think your intro is a little too "basic" to give it its own page... i skipped it after 10 seconds. I see that you have integrated some flash into your homepage... why not incorporate your "intro" there? That way, you can have a "multifunction" page for your homepage.

The overall design of your site is really nice.

Don't have perpetual animation in content pages. It can become an ambient distraction and prevent people from reading your content.

Subsequent pages have some issues with shifting navigation elements.

Every link on the top or left of your page should maintain the same absolute position on every page. The homepage / splashpage is sometimes excluded from this requirement, but not when the change is so subtle as you have on your site.

The "Awards", "Associates", "Contact" information on the left shouldn't shift between pages, even slightly.

Your navigation should have rollovers.

Don't do a popup for your contact form... or anything, for that matter. People will confuse it for advertising and leave your site.

Your portfolio popups are too small. Try using target="_blank" instead.

Good work overall... just needs some fine-tuning.

Member #
    there was an error in IE6 after teh flash intro..check that out....

Member #
    Nice Site man!!! 4/5 so far, just follow the comments and you'll get an absolutely perfecto website up and running.

...I don't get an error in IE6 or Mozilla Firebird... Wierd.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree with most all of the other comments. I'd add that the nav is too far up on the page, and I didn't find it for a while.

I especially agree that the portfolio pages opening in small popup windows is a bad idea.

I like the look of the site.

Remove Ads