Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please Rate & Critique - Meadery Website

Somewhat new to the web design/development business as a freelancer starting up. I designed my families business website and would like some unbiased feedback from the general public, and those who have experience. Don't hold back. Best way to learn and grow is by honest feedback.

Meduseld Meadery - Redefine your Traditions

Member #
    Thanks for all the good help so far. Really productive and useful forums. Guess I'll be going elsewhere. Lol..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    As far as the general appearance it looks fine. I like the graphics and the colors.

Now here is what I don't like quite as well. Your home page really just is the logo and your hours of operation. A high percentage of people who visit a new site don't make it past the home page. I think you need to give them enough information to grab their attention and to get them to stay on your site and see more pages.

It's late and my bulb doesn't always burn that brightly but it took me about 5 minutes on your site to figure out what you were really offering. I do think what your business offers is pretty cool and I am sure it is a nice break from shoo fly pie and everyone is hitching their buggies and heading to Lancaster from Blue Ball Intercourse and Paradise for some Mead. I would suggest moving your hours of operation to your about page and moving some of the stuff from your other pages to the home page. I would also stick a photo or two on the home page. You have a good start and a few changes will make it a dynamite site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    As far as the general appearance it looks fine. I like the graphics and the colors.

Now here is what I don't like quite as well. Your home page really just is the logo and your hours of operation. A high percentage of people who visit a new site don't make it past the home page. I think you need to give them enough information to grab their attention and to get them to stay on your site and see more pages.

It's late and my bulb doesn't always burn that brightly but it took me about 5 minutes on your site to figure out what you were really offering. I do think what your business offers is pretty cool and I am sure it is a nice break from shoo fly pie and everyone is hitching their buggies and heading to Lancaster from Blue Ball Intercourse and Paradise for some Mead. I would suggest moving your hours of operation to your about page and moving some of the stuff from your other pages to the home page. I would also stick a photo or two on the home page. You have a good start and a few changes will make it a dynamite site.
    Thanks for the feedback. I've actually already started redesigning the homepage in the way you've suggested haha. I completely agree. It lacks engagment.

Member #
    clean the logo.. or redesign it, it is not a vector, and I see a white border around.. you just used a .jpg image and deleted the background in stead of use the original vector image..
    I dont get this design, but the rest looks decent.. dont like the design but it looks decent..

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like the choice of color and font... it manages to convey an old world feeling, while still being clean and modern.

The home page is entirely wasted. Use this space to engage the user. Your should have some text telling the user about your business.

For local businesses, I usually have a Location and Hours page in the nav bar. People look for that.

Also, if you are trying to draw people into your physical location, then you should have a professional photo of your place, with happy customers. Maybe a slideshow with several photos fading in to one another.

Note, too, that search engines can't effectively index pages with little or no text, so that home page is really going to kill your SEO.

You should also be using semantic tagging for the address information. This is important for local search. Also, use semantic tagging on your hours of operation.

At the time I looked at your site, there was nothing on your Events page. That tells the user "there's nothing happening here, or the site isn't being maintained." Unless you can always have a list of 3 or 4 upcoming events, get rid of the page. On a similar note, your On Tap page talks about something happening in December. Looks like you haven't been keeping things up to date.

The design is pretty good. Doesn't blow me away, but it's certainly credible.

However, getting into web design also requires a solid understanding of marketing and SEO.

Remove Ads