Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Question Kickstarter Landing Page. Need feedback asap.

Hi guys, I'm new here and am looking for some feedback on a design for my Kickstarter landing page. Production begins today and I'd like to know what should be added or if anything should be removed. That way I can let my developer know before he gets to deep.

Please see attached image. Thank you for your help with this. In helping me, you are helping a lot of youth that otherwise would not be helped.

Best regards.

Landing Page 1.jpg

Member #
    This is going to be a bit harsh but, don't let it discourage you. I mean nothing personal, just some honest feedback.

I'll start from top to bottom.

First of all, ALL CAPS IS NOT THE WAY TO GO. YOU DON'T NEED ALL CAPS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. While you may view it as a way to project your voice to the audience, no one truly wants to read all caps, all the time.

Header:

Being that you have your FaceBook and Twitter links in the footer, having them that big on your header, or on your header at all, seems unnecessary.
    The logo is kind of an eyesore. It feels like you are trying too hard with it, in a way that makes it seem like a child made it. Also, the book image feels a little unnecessary as well. I would either have it smaller in the header or just put it in the body altogether. Don't overlap it.

Body:

The background is horrible. I get what you are trying to portray with it but, a simple black background or another color from a dark palette would do just as well.
    The content boxes don't match the current background, and everything feels cluttered and just thrown in. It is hard to define what is the main focus and what is just support content.

The top left cluster of text that doesn't have a background could be written better, and presented in a better fashion. Possibly move it to a section that talks about the book. And if the video on the right is going to be a video about the book, include it in this section as well. And, while we're at it, we might as well throw that "cover art coming soon" image in this section as well.

The newsletter subscribe box also contains poor grammar. Also, a promise of not sharing the email should be written that "We do not share any personal information entered on this site." It sounds a bit more professional.

The link to your Kickstarter should instruct to support the Kickstarter, not just to check out a preview. Let the potential customer know what you want them to do.

If the center picture featuring the text "Sober Since 9/26/2016 is of you, I would move it to a bio section, and just give a brief bio of yourself and why you are writing the book.

And lastly for the body section, "Don't let someone you know find out the hard way. This is the only meth education that matters.", maybe rewrite it as such,

"Don't let someone you know find out the hard way.
    Scared To Meth is the only meth education you'll need."

Possibly let this be your "hero" section, and directly after that section include the section that talks about the book.

As far as the footer goes, it looks nice. After messing with the background color you may have to change the color of this as well but, it may still match.

Overall, as a base concept, it isn't completely terrible. It definitely needs a lot of work before you put it live. Speaking for myself, if I was to look at this page as an interested buyer of your book, I would be immediately turned off based on the layout of the page, as well as the poor grammar.

If you would like to try a different developer, not saying your developer is not a good one to use, you can check out Diesel Design Studios.

Member #
    When it comes to reviews, you have done exactly what I have come here for. Thank you. So much. I am about to work on this to the best of my ability.

Would you mind posting a quick image of the layout as you see it? Like, Header, body, hero, footer, etc...? You don't have to put any content or images, just the layout in your vision. I am just trying to picture what you see.

Again, thank you for getting back to me. I'm definitely amateur at this and really don't have these money to be putting into it. I paid $90 for what I have right now. You can check it out at Scared to Meth - Scared to Meth. It is live, but I'm not promoting it yet. Just trying to get feedback.

Also, I'm using Wordpress and a plugin called Elementary. I'm trying to figure it out so I can do all my own work, but man, the going is tough.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HeOrHimOrHis View Post
    When it comes to reviews, you have done exactly what I have come here for. Thank you. So much. I am about to work on this to the best of my ability.

Would you mind posting a quick image of the layout as you see it? Like, Header, body, hero, footer, etc...? You don't have to put any content or images, just the layout in your vision. I am just trying to picture what you see.

Again, thank you for getting back to me. I'm definitely amateur at this and really don't have these money to be putting into it. I paid $90 for what I have right now. You can check it out at Scared to Meth - Scared to Meth. It is live, but I'm not promoting it yet. Just trying to get feedback.

Also, I'm using Wordpress and a plugin called Elementary. I'm trying to figure it out so I can do all my own work, but man, the going is tough.
    I've sent you a private message regarding your request.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    If the site thats live is just a rough draft you should probably disallow search engines from crawling your site with a robots file
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Remove Ads