Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Looking for feedback on new freelance website.

I've redesigned the site. There is a new thread for it. If you'd like to give feedback, feel free to check it out. Thanks!
    Last edited by Osodon; Mar 28th, 2018 at 04:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    The design is pretty slick, I get where you're heading with it, but I think you need to pad your content out a bit more; everything feels a bit claustrophobic and large, like text is just being thrown at my screen with no escape.

Padding on your sections, and smaller text and you'd have a pretty sleek layout. I think you designed for mobile-first, am I wrong?

Colours are fine, try not to rely too heavily on multiple sections with stock-photo backgrounds, minimalism is the main style of the web. You could try and replace some section background with patterns from here.

Good luck with you business and I hope it's prosperous for you in the long-run.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranavvo View Post
    The design is pretty slick, I get where you're heading with it, but I think you need to pad your content out a bit more; everything feels a bit claustrophobic and large, like text is just being thrown at my screen with no escape.

Padding on your sections, and smaller text and you'd have a pretty sleek layout. I think you designed for mobile-first, am I wrong?

Colours are fine, try not to rely too heavily on multiple sections with stock-photo backgrounds, minimalism is the main style of the web. You could try and replace some section background with patterns from here.

Good luck with you business and I hope it's prosperous for you in the long-run.
    Thank you for the feedback. I can see where you're coming from with the size of the text, and padding. I'll get it sorted out here shortly.

I designed it kind of mix between desktop and mobile first. I made a sketch of how I wanted the layout to be, and then just kind of went through the motions, and finished out with the final product.

Minimalism is the main style of the web currently but, I'm not all of a big fan of looking like another slapped together bootstrap site, even though I do use bootstrap and the main "flow" of how a majority of bootstrap sites are designed. But, I agree with the stock-photo comment you made. I'm going to check out the link you provided, and see if I can't find some decent patterns to replace at least the RFP section.

I'll let ya know when I've reworked some of the things you mentioned if you want to review and give some more feedback. Would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    First off I liked the general design of your site. I liked the colors I liked the layout. In general your home page looks great.

There were a couple of minor issues for me using ie. The "Welcome to a new you" is half cut off.

You have two call to actions which is good. I didn't try the "Tell us about your project". I did try the "Click here to get started". That takes me to a page where the option is to watch a YouTube video. I didn't watch the video but it doesn't seem to me that I would expect a "click here to get started" should take me to a video I can watch. At the bottom of that page there are some buttons that are cut off but unless I get the page just right. The button says "Start" and the words beside it say "press enter" That strikes me as funky. Also if you want to go back to your home page for another look before doing anything else it isn't easy to get back. Pressing the back arrow on the browser won't take you back. You have to reload the page.

Now aside from the minor design issues I saw if I try to look at your site from the eyes of a prospective customer and think would I be interested in your services. If I were a customer I would not even consider doing business with you. The main thing that would put me off is you are too incognito. Looking at your site I have no idea if I am dealing with someone from Boston or Bangladesh. I have no idea if you have been doing this for a day or a decade. If I were to send a deposit and never heard from you your site gives me no way to contact you other than a form that you are not likely to respond to if you did run off with my loot.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    First off I liked the general design of your site. I liked the colors I liked the layout. In general your home page looks great.

There were a couple of minor issues for me using ie. The "Welcome to a new you" is half cut off.

You have two call to actions which is good. I didn't try the "Tell us about your project". I did try the "Click here to get started". That takes me to a page where the option is to watch a YouTube video. I didn't watch the video but it doesn't seem to me that I would expect a "click here to get started" should take me to a video I can watch. At the bottom of that page there are some buttons that are cut off but unless I get the page just right. The button says "Start" and the words beside it say "press enter" That strikes me as funky. Also if you want to go back to your home page for another look before doing anything else it isn't easy to get back. Pressing the back arrow on the browser won't take you back. You have to reload the page.

Now aside from the minor design issues I saw if I try to look at your site from the eyes of a prospective customer and think would I be interested in your services. If I were a customer I would not even consider doing business with you. The main thing that would put me off is you are too incognito. Looking at your site I have no idea if I am dealing with someone from Boston or Bangladesh. I have no idea if you have been doing this for a day or a decade. If I were to send a deposit and never heard from you your site gives me no way to contact you other than a form that you are not likely to respond to if you did run off with my loot.
    How did you try and view the page? Mobile or Desktop? What type of device were you using? What browser do you use? I've tested on an Iphone 8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Glaxy Note 8, and a Galaxy Tab A (2016) in landscape and portrait modes and have had no issues.

The "Tell us about your project" and the "Click here to get started" both do the same thing, they bring up a Request for Proposal form in which there is an intruduction video, as well as a body of text undernead the video which both include the same information and both instruct you to "Click start to begin the Request for Proposal process".

As far as being incognito, I completely understand what you mean by not knowing if you are dealing with someone from here or there. The purpose of my form is to streamline the contact process. In the form, you are telling me about your company, the scope of work you would like to cover in the project, as well as contact information so that I may contact you. It is a way for me to be able to efficiently connect with the client and get right to work. I don't intend to change my process, as I find this way to be the most efficient and beneficial for myself and the client.

I don't know if you read the text that was uderneath the video but, it basically says the same thing that I just typed in the paragraph above.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I was on a laptop when I first looked at your site and was using IE. Today I looked at it again with a desktop using Chrome and the Click here to get started button was well above the bottom of the page. With the laptop and IE only about half or less than half of that button showed at the bottom of the screen and there was no ability to scroll down to see more. I didn't spend that much time on the page but did notice that you had that text underneath the video. I also didn't watch the video and perhaps it gives more background on you and your abilities which would balance off the lack of information I talked about.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    I was on a laptop when I first looked at your site and was using IE. Today I looked at it again with a desktop using Chrome and the Click here to get started button was well above the bottom of the page. With the laptop and IE only about half or less than half of that button showed at the bottom of the screen and there was no ability to scroll down to see more. I didn't spend that much time on the page but did notice that you had that text underneath the video. I also didn't watch the video and perhaps it gives more background on you and your abilities which would balance off the lack of information I talked about.
    That's odd. I've had multiple friends review the site on their mobile devices, as well as any browser they have on their computer, and have not had any issues. What version of IE are you using? I've had it tested in 8, 9, and 11 with no issues.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I believe it was 11. One thing that I noticed and had not noticed before was the zoom was set to 105% which may have caused that issue.

Member #
    I'm using an iPhone 5s Safari. A lot of the site is cut off. Looks like it resize this but just not resize it properly. Looks like a little toying with the max width could probably fix it. Very sorry I have to be brief, would love to help more when I have some more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Taux1c View Post
    I'm using an iPhone 5s Safari. A lot of the site is cut off. Looks like it resize this but just not resize it properly. Looks like a little toying with the max width could probably fix it. Very sorry I have to be brief, would love to help more when I have some more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually redesigned the site. I've made a new thread for it if you want to check that out. I'd love to get feedback for your device as I don't have one or know anyone with one and I don't trust Google chromed developer tools enough to just use it to "test" different devices. Can only do so much haha.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Remove Ads