Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yearbook

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys/girls, whats up? This is what I'm thinking of doing for a yearbook type website for my friends and I, I made this in photoshop, and the image is all sliced up, what i want to do is have the nav bar and the title to be on every page so i was thinkin of making it all frames, how would i do that, or is there an easyer way to just display the page in the big blank area... also any tips on what would look good for the pics page, none of the links go anywhere right now...the mainpage so far...
    Thanks,
    Franky

Member #
    That is one wideeeeeeeee page. - the text at the top is a little hard to read, but good so far.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Its very very wide, but Its not bad, Im not sure about your buttons either they look out of place. Make it thiner and add more to it.

Member #
    Don't use frames! Us tables, and use SSI to call in the navbar and header on each page so that you only have to update one bit of code to update all the pages .

JR
    Member #
    The navigation is a little too dark for my taste. I think a white font would suit better.
    JR

Member #
    cool, whats sis, and how do i use it to only update the big blank spot on the page???

Thanks,

Franky

Member #
    Server Side Includes
    You may want to look into SSI (server side includes). Depending on what capabilities your web host has, you can use SSI in PHP, ASP, or even SHTML (which almost every host supports).

Here's a tutorial on using SSI in PHP. Basically it looks like this:

index.php says it is made up of three files:
    ------------
    header.php
    -------------
    content.php
    ---------------
    footer.php
    ---------------

You can use header.php and footer.php all over your site. If you want to change the navigation at the top of your site, just change header.php, and the header will be updated on every page of your site instantly.

Member #
    ok i got the ssi to work, theres now a news page that is displayed within it but i want it to be on the right side but im not getting the table to do what i want... i think all the slices are screwing it up, can anyone help?

Member #
    Post a link and I'll see if I can have a look & tamper.

The one you posted at the top of this thread no longer works.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    i thought i had ssi working but i guess not... i tried different ways of includes but they only work on my machine i iguess, im hosting the site on my own machine with apachee, do i need to add more programs to make it work right... and how do i make the table take up all that available space? latest update

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads