Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All,

I am new here and just wanted an opinion on my site design and forum layout. I accept all opions and use them all to modify my design please let me know what you think. Maybe you can even sign up and help jump start my community.

to the admins and moderators here this is not a spam i just want opinions and maybe some hints on how i can get my community to start posting cause i think i have tried everything.

Thanks

http://cyber-core.net
    http://cyber-core.net/forum

Member #
    Your splash page confused me. The intro says "Server Not Found", which isn't a good thing to see on a website. Then my popup killer killed your site, so I had to relaunch it. You may want to consider putting your site in the main window, on a black background.

Other than that, the flash work is pretty cool. There's alot of animation around the site, which can be distracting when you're trying to read. I've seen worse though, most of your animation is subtle.

The only other suggestion I have is for an opening/welcome message. The first thing I ended up reading when I came to your site was the news, and right now it has news about updates to your site. You may want to put some information about your company and what the goal of the site is. You're only guaranteed people will visit the homepage, so be sure you put your most important message there.

Nice site, welcome to WDF.

Member #
    by your splash intro . Apart from that I really did like the site. Very Good design. You probably need a little information about your company on the homepage, as The intro/news page is not the best place to start?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, I was listening to my widespread panic... so your page went away as soon as the music started. Get rid of it, or if it's there... make it off by default and then have the user be able to turn it on. I'm surfing on Mozilla Firebird 0.7 and it worked, which your "Requirements: IE 5+" pissed me off... get rid of it or something, especially since it seems to be all flash. Which is the next problem, I don't like alll flash sites... The design looks good, and you've got a good thing goin on... but I guess you just kinda hit some of my personal pet peeves That's all.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I agree with you Brak, all flash sites can be annoying sometimes. Think of people using 56K dialup ! Anyway, it's very good on the whole, but my few critisims are that music can be annoying and that 'Server Not Found' message is a bit misleading.

But thats my opinion. Nice job.

Bic
    Member #
    You stole that backgroud image, i'd put who originally made it. I dont mean to be an *** but if i made that BG i'd like to see some recognition. =D
    BOXWARE.NET Productions - Tomorrow's not promised, so lookout for the rampaging beer cans.

Banned
    Member #
    i like the beginning of the flash intro with the 3d text, this made me wanna see more, i would personally lose the 'tired of your problems blah blah blah', made me wanna close the window..i agree with the not found message problem, maybe best to begin with 'initiating transfer'. Also on this page the layout feels a bit offset to the right

In general the site is pretty cool, really like the way your page loads and the left nav. Top nav seems to disappear on rollover, scrollbars bit shi t with the big triangle thing and boxes can feel bit disjointed when drawing themselves, fonts feel a bit mismatched. potentially a good site

Member #
    Sorry, but all I noticed on your site was what it was doing. I didn't have the patience to wade through all the effects to figure out what the content is. But that's me. I think I've become known on this forum as a Flash detractor.

I guess it's only fair that you should know that some people feel the way I do and close almost any site that's all Flash-ed out.

Member #
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I will use all of them in constructing my next site.

I do have a question though why are most of you guys flash haters. I think its the best thing to happen to the internet.

#1 no one can really screww around with your site when its in flash.
    #2 the graphics you can make with it are awesome.

anyways if you have more opinions i'd like to hear them. And my new site is gonna be a mix of html and flash.

Member #
    Hey pestilence, I personally liked your beginning intro, it was sort of witty, though I agree with taking out the "superior web hosting" subtitles and stuff to shorten the playback time. I think your main site is pretty nice and you have done a good job on all the flash, though I think it takes too long to load up - the way it has to fade in and stuff. I would take that out so it is ready right when the user clicks "enter." All in all it's not bad.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Remove Ads