Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Exclamation What is one thing that I could improve on my website homepage?

My website is AquariumKids.com | Fish Care Sheets, Aquarium Videos, and More!. As the title asks, what is one thing that I could improve with my homepage design? Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    Since you asked for only one thing I would suggest getting rid of the hamburger menu on a desktop. That is fine on a mobile phone but I am not a fan of having one on a desktop.

If I were to suggest a second thing it would be to explain more about the object of your site. It looks cool and interesting but more words would be an improvement and could help in search results as well. Usually it is recommended that 300 words on a page is ideal and you have 49. There is nothing that really explains the object of the site, what you want people to do and any words are mostly just talking about how many followers you have.

All in all it is a nice site and appears interesting.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    Since you asked for only one thing I would suggest getting rid of the hamburger menu on a desktop. That is fine on a mobile phone but I am not a fan of having one on a desktop.

If I were to suggest a second thing it would be to explain more about the object of your site. It looks cool and interesting but more words would be an improvement and could help in search results as well. Usually it is recommended that 300 words on a page is ideal and you have 49. There is nothing that really explains the object of the site, what you want people to do and any words are mostly just talking about how many followers you have.

All in all it is a nice site and appears interesting.
    Thank you for the response. I have changed the menu so that it starts out as visible instead of using a hamburger menu option to display it.

As for content, I am working on that and expect to have it updated soon. Thank you!

Member #
    You need more images that are related to the page your site looks bland and uninviting. It get over 2 hundred visitors a day and your Alexa Rank is 3 million your site is growing. So If I were you I would make my site more appealing to my visitors by putting more vivid images on the site and maybe opening a store to sell related items.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lottoal View Post
    You need more images that are related to the page your site looks bland and uninviting. It get over 2 hundred visitors a day and your Alexa Rank is 3 million your site is growing. So If I were you I would make my site more appealing to my visitors by putting more vivid images on the site and maybe opening a store to sell related items.
    I'm not sure what you mean? I have ~15 relevant images on the homepage. Should they be larger?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'd make the top navigation bat more prominent, and add a drop-down to the Articles tab. Make it easy for people to explore your site so you can draw them deeper.

Member #
    5 second test!

Making it look prettier is all good and well, but you need to hook your visitors.

The 5 second test is basically...If people can't tell the following information within 5 seconds, they're likely to leave your website

- Who you are
    - What you do
    - How you can help them

It took me a lot longer than 5 seconds and a few clicks to work out what your website is for.

Hope that helps
    Chris

Member #
    hello, everyone am new here, and I was wondering if you could check out my website and tell me what I can do to make it better. I am trying to perfect it as much as posssible before advertising it, so any help is appreciated. $45 Locksmith Sydney - 24 Hour Mobile Locksmith 02-84172197

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    I thought it looked excellent. It loaded fast, the graphics and presentation were very good. Normally I would like to see the call to action not quite as upfront as yours is but in your business I think that is the perfect spot for it. Good job.

Remove Ads