Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please critique article page

Here is an article page from my site: AquariumKids.com | Archaea in Aquaria. Aside from adding images and changing the font, what could I do to improve the design of the page? To clarify, I am looking for feedback on an article page in this thread, not on the website homepage. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 4.15.09 PM.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    113 times
    The image you posted is too small to really give an impression of the page. I went to your site and looked at a couple of article pages and they looked fine to me.

Personally however I am not a fan of being greeted with a pop up as soon as I click on a page. I have heard others say this as well. I think if you could set the pop up so it comes up when they want to exit the page it would be better.

Another issue on your site. I had talked about the hamburger menu. On Chrome I don't get the menu. I just get an up arrow where the hamburger menu used to be.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    The image you posted is too small to really give an impression of the page. I went to your site and looked at a couple of article pages and they looked fine to me.

Personally however I am not a fan of being greeted with a pop up as soon as I click on a page. I have heard others say this as well. I think if you could set the pop up so it comes up when they want to exit the page it would be better.

Another issue on your site. I had talked about the hamburger menu. On Chrome I don't get the menu. I just get an up arrow where the hamburger menu used to be.
    Sorry about the image quality—looks like it was compressed while uploading.

I will look into displaying the popup later. I do agree that it's annoying how it pops up right away.

As for the menu, is it possible that Chrome has one of my old JS/CSS files cached? Everything looks fine here on my side.

Thanks again for the help!

Remove Ads