Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have just finished designing a template and it has grown on me and I quite like it and am considering developing it further for a possible design for my own portfolio site.

Can I have some opinions and advice on what you think and how I can improve it.

http://www.onlinetrials.co.uk/new_mac.psd.jpg

Thank You,

Member #
    I like the graphic, but not the logo overlapping it. I'd move the logo to the right.

What are you going to do with the big empty space in the upper right corner? I think that needs to be filled in. Maybe you could raise the top of the "Info" panel into that area. That would also break up the symmetry of the shapes at the bottom.

People will probably tell you it needs more color, but I kind of like the monochromatic look and feel. I think it will probably contrast nicely with the colors that are likely to be plentiful enough in your portfolio.

Member #
    Yeah obviously I need to add graphics etc. Ah was wondering about that top right corner, Im also going to change the logo,

But do you think the sphere should be included else where on the design?

Member #
    I don't really like the blurriness on the panels, makes my eyes feel slightly out of focus. I think there needs to be at least some more colour, feels a bit empty with the greys and whites.
    About the sphere I think just having the one is fine.

Member #
    I like the monochromatic feel to it Dan, but I think that a little colour, perhaps a subtle blue in there might make the site a little easier on the eyes.

I'm assuming the slight blurriness is caused by the screenshot? I would also alignt the "Main" and "Info" haders left and right in their respective boxes.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    So do you guys think its worth using as a portfolio design or not?

Do you think visitors would stay when they see the dessign.?

Member #
    The better question to ask is whether they will stay when the see the content.

If your content doesn't hold their interest, then what difference does the design make? And if your content is good, people will visit and stay.

Member #
    Well if I am advertising design services they will obviously be looking at my own aswell as whats in my portfolio.

Im 15 and it will be have my portfolio and contact details for people in need of help with their websites. So I need to know if people are thinking to themselves, "the design is nice" or "oh this design is crap" will it sell in other words?

I have plenty of other designs that I will soon post for opinions, but this one has grown on me.

Banned
    Member #
    I think it is OK, but you must "open four eyes" while making graphical solutions for fullfil all the areas on the site. One wrong step and it will be "two different worlds" in design way.

I hope you understand me.

www.proauto.ba
    www.kuca-mostar.50megs.com

Member #
    Dan, you've asked a lot of specific questions and you obviously have given a lot of thought to this. That's great!

If you are using this site to advertise the work you want other people to hire you to do, you should make this site indicative of the work you do. Build it so you like it, because when people do hire you, you're going to build them a site that you like (as well as, you hope, they will).

Your site should be an honest reflection of your aesthetic sensibility. That way, people who hire you will know what to expect.

We can give you opinions on things like "Needs more color" or "Needs this" or "Needs that." But a lot of those opinions are subjective and ultimately it comes down to what you like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads