Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Concept Drawing for ParkwaySingles.com Site Re-Design

http://test.parkwaysingles.com/smooth.png

Looking for feedback on:
    • Layout
    • Information Flow
    • Color Selection
    • Font Selection
    • Attention to Detail
    • Overall Design

Hope you all like it as well. This is the one site I just can't seem to make a decision on how it should look/feel/work. (Which means I'm pretty desperate for feedback)

- Ray

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The design feels like a message board. If that is your goal, then you definitely accomplished that.

The drop shadow for the logo Parkway Singles can be taken out because when you look at the logo, it attracts too much attention to itself. It is a clean/standard site. I think you should go with this type of design because it fits the style of a singles group.

The cross at the logo needs some work. If you just want a cool looking one, get a crosses font. I'll see if I can find where I got it.
    http://uatype.faithweb.com/cci.html
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    um i think it looks fine. very simple for lots of ppl to see good stufff.
    i'd get rid of that powered by junk and just leave your name

Member #
    Thank you for the feedback.

I have updated the layout with guides and markers as well as changed a few design ideas. Might I ask for you to take a second look and provide additional feedback?

http://test.parkwaysingles.com/smooth.png

The powered by line is to give credit to those projects / people who have invested thousands of hours to help us be enabled to have such a web project. We simply want to pay our respects.

The design goal... hadn't really started out with a specific goal in mind. Well I guess that my design goal was to create a fresh, friendly site that had the look for a simple newsletter / e-zine. The design was inspired by a number of sites from CSS Zen Gardens to this web site.

The cross in the logo was a two second job. I literall just drew a few lines in Illustrator and that was it. The funny thing is that it's simple nature reflects our group well. We look at our logo as a representation of our group and like displaying it predominantly. I've not had a chance to try it without the drop shadow yet but will definately give it a try and see what it looks like.

Again, your feedback is very much appreciated. Like a little child I ask: May I have some more please?

- Ray

Banned
    Member #

Member #
    Short Summary of Modifications
    • Rounded Corners
    • Decreased Contrast of Top Gradient
    • Decreased Fill of Navbar Drop Shadow
    • Added Drop Shadow to Picture
    • Shrunk Content and Picture's Side Borders by 1px
    • Added 1px white border to picture side
    • Added Textured Background to the Content Area

http://test.parkwaysingles.com/smooth_3.png

In my new rendering I've pulled back the header gradient so that there is not as much contrast. I've left the gradients on the other two bars alone. I also curved the corners on the top and bottom. And I shrunk the content area and picture borders on the side by one to give them a set back feeling.

Note: I forgot to add the depth of field effect to the photograph. I will add it and re-upload it. Until then try to imagine it there.

Background on the cross
    I had not heard that particular story before. The simplistic nature of the cross and the fact that it was used regularly for crusifixtion can make it seem odd that we would use it as such an important symbol.

The more important symbe is the empty tomb thought that would be difficult to portray in such simple ways as black and white line drawings.

Ray

Member #
    I think your new modification is much better than the first two although I think the Parkway Singles words should be moved to the left a few (3?) pix; they seem too close to the edge in my opinion. Otherwise it looks very good, clean and organized, easy navigation and subtle colors: I like it

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Drafting Started
    http://test.parkwaysingles.com

Well I've started the conversion from photoshop to Xaraya templates. It is very much work in progress and will at times not render correctly or contain xhtml/css that won't validate. Please let me know if you happen to see something as I might just miss it.

As always, thank you for the continued feedback.

-Ray

Remove Ads