Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turboguy

Thread: Please Review My Website

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Wink Please Review My Website

Here is my website https://www.autoclavedepot.com

It is an e-commerce site that sells medical equipment, mainly "autoclaves."

Looking forward to hearing the communities feedback.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    First off I thought the overall look was very good. It loaded quick, nice photos with a good balance. Graphics look good, colors look good.

My only two suggestions would be first, on your products page I clicked on the Tuttnauer and the way my window was set up on the computer only saw a logo and my first impression was that you had no products for that manufacturer. When I scrolled down I did see lots of repair parts but some may not scroll down. It might be good to feature some product in the place where you have the logo.

My second thing was with a quick look at your contact us and about us page I don't see a location. Maybe I just missed it. I have both a general and specific reason for liking a location. One is if someone is vague about where they are I am less trusting of ordering online unless it is a well known company.

Second thing is sometimes there is a practical reason for wanting to know. For example I just ordered a new trade show display online. They quoted 5 days to ship the product. I have 9 days before I need it and wanted to know where it was coming from. It turned out to be Atlanta so I felt comfortable that it would be less than the 4 days max I have. Had they been in California I would have known it could not make it in time. Perhaps the preference for an address or location is just one of my quirks but to me it is something I look at.
    autoclavedepot likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    First off I thought the overall look was very good. It loaded quick, nice photos with a good balance. Graphics look good, colors look good.

My only two suggestions would be first, on your products page I clicked on the Tuttnauer and the way my window was set up on the computer only saw a logo and my first impression was that you had no products for that manufacturer. When I scrolled down I did see lots of repair parts but some may not scroll down. It might be good to feature some product in the place where you have the logo.

My second thing was with a quick look at your contact us and about us page I don't see a location. Maybe I just missed it. I have both a general and specific reason for liking a location. One is if someone is vague about where they are I am less trusting of ordering online unless it is a well known company.

Second thing is sometimes there is a practical reason for wanting to know. For example I just ordered a new trade show display online. They quoted 5 days to ship the product. I have 9 days before I need it and wanted to know where it was coming from. It turned out to be Atlanta so I felt comfortable that it would be less than the 4 days max I have. Had they been in California I would have known it could not make it in time. Perhaps the preference for an address or location is just one of my quirks but to me it is something I look at.
    Thank you for the feedback.

Excellent point with mention to our location being more visible on the website. We currently have it in the footer. But if you didn't notice it most likely others haven't as well and I agree showing that you have a real address to make for a more trustworthy site.

I am going to take you advice and add in the address in the about and contact us page.

Just one question did you browse the site on mobile? Did you click on the brand page when you saw the Tuttnauer logo https://www.autoclavedepot.com/tuttnauer/ ? just want to make sure so I properly correct this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    I didn't view it on a mobile device but did shrink my browser to make sure it was responsive and it seems fine.

Yes, I clicked on the Tuttnauer brand page which was where the logo was. My browser was not on full screen mode and when I go to full screen mode then the first 4 parts items do show so for most that may not be an issue. Of course others could have different views.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I didn't view it on a mobile device but did shrink my browser to make sure it was responsive and it seems fine.

Yes, I clicked on the Tuttnauer brand page which was where the logo was. My browser was not on full screen mode and when I go to full screen mode then the first 4 parts items do show so for most that may not be an issue. Of course others could have different views.
    Thank you for providing me with that feedback. As you can see I took your advice and added in the address to the about and contact page.

Those brand pages are there but not specifically suppose to be the intended go to for browsing products. I asked about mobile because originally the logo was 5 times the size now which was way to big, wanted to make sure it wasn't doing this other devices.

To get your feedback to be help understand the mind of the user why did you select under the "Popular Brands" column vs clicking under the "Categories" ?

Thank you for your assistance

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    It would be more logical to click under Popular Brands which does give a good experience. I have no idea why I clicked under Categories. I just wanted to take a quick look at a page and somehow clicked that. I do think most are going to click under Categories.

The logo looks like it will be fine on mobile but I haven't had time to check it out

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It would be more logical to click under Popular Brands which does give a good experience. I have no idea why I clicked under Categories. I just wanted to take a quick look at a page and somehow clicked that. I do think most are going to click under Categories.

The logo looks like it will be fine on mobile but I haven't had time to check it out
    Thank you for your feedback. Any bit helps. I use Lucky Orange to try and study to make for a better user experience. But the thing is Lucky Orange can't tell you what the user is thinking, just shows you were they click around to.

Member #
    I'm not a big fan of the subscribe to email popup. I find those pretty annoying. In the old days it used to be 'new window' popups/pop-behind but those are now gone. Now the thing to do is to popup a large image on the page (asking for email address) and block the main page. I'm not sure why they don't just popup on an 1/8th size of screen and on a corner of the screen without interrupting the browsing. That would be less intrusive. To date, I haven't subscribed on a single one of these popups. I'm not sure if they are worth the annoyance.

Also, the main page loaded fine on chrome but on Edge the product images took a long time to load.

Member #
    In general your website was good enough, its full of content. Only thing is, some product photos take some time to load.

Remove Ads