Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

The sight is getting a make-over with all pages going to have some style sheet element. But this is our basic before page at
    http://depts.drew.edu/biol

I made other posts asking how I can integrate our flash and non flash pages, but if anyone has any other ideas on how to make this better, let me know.
    -Carl

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Change of orientation of the page from center to left-justified is a bit inconsistent. Make up your mind and choose one. Also, keep your logo in the same location on every page for consistency.

The design is kind of sparse. I personally would spruce it up a bit with continuation of design elements to enhance it a bit.

The "Flash" site has HTML content, and only a Flash navigation bar. This doesn't really make sense. Why not eliminate Flash altogether and just use DHTML for your navigation system to get something with "Flash" effects that everyone can see? Or, why not make the content of your Flash version also in Flash, allowing more interesting page transitions?

Member #
    Sorry but I'm getting a "Document not found"...

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i agree with transio i think there's no need in having a flash page so ditch that and the splash page..

spruce up your pages with some cool images and use some css for your text links etc.. make them look attrative and smooth...
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    OK, there have been some changes in the last few days.
    Mainly the javascript Navbar at the top.
    I know one link is down- for the tour the facilities portion-I haven't made that site yet. And images aren't loading properly, but tell me what your thoughts are after this change.
    -Carl

Member #
    I like it nice layout very clean and nice shades of blue. I suggest chaning the way the contact bar in the nav bar be the same way as the rest. And just for experimentation flip the left nav bar to the right and try right justification you don't have to publish it just try it on your own and see what you think.

Member #
    A word of advice. In the first page you got the menu on the left. I clicked on "ENTER" and got a page with the menu in the upper side. Clicked on "Courses" and the menu reapeard on the left. Never-evre jogle like that with the main navigation's position it confuses the users and denotes a lack of continuity.
    P.S.the drop-down menu on the upper side of the pages, beside the "Biology At Drew" image, does not work under Opera - at all.
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Member #
    Do you think the Contact Bar in the nav bar has a better transition than the others. Should they all fade in like that or should I just ditch that all together. That fade only works with IE anyway.

Member #
    I vote no on the fade. After the first time, it gets old and cheesy. If I were to look through all 5 of the dropdowns, I wouldn't want to have to wait for all of them top fade in. For a topic as sophisticated as a Biology department at a college, I think simple and professional would be just fine, no need for gimmicks.

Member #
    Looks great, the top dropdown menus are nice, though for the contact menu, it sort of dissipates in rather than drops down like the others, just an inconsistancy I assume.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads