Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey, i have just learned fireworks/photoshop/dreamweaver in 2 mo. i have done raw html coding for over 4 years, all by hand. but now i have done my web design site in the prog. listed above. It has a splash page which can be considered a downfall but when you look at it as a web design company it just shows your future clients what you can do. I just redesigned it tonight so please report if there are any broken links or bugs. its best viewed in 1024x768, thanx. oh yea almost forgot. well actually i did and had to edit it. here is the site http://www.DeltaWebDesigns.net thanx.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    i get vert and hor scrolling in 1024 by 768

Member #
    Was there alot of scrolling or maybe just +/- 50 pix. hor and vert.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There are 20 pixels of horizontal scrolling. When designing for 1024x768 (which is a big no-no since the majority of people are on 800x600 or less still...I even know people on 640x480), your table width should not be 1024. It should be 1004, since the vertical scrollbar itself takes up 20 pixels. I wouldn't worry too much about vertical scrolling myself.

Also, as far as your site goes, you really should rethink your design and your content. See below for the reasons why:

1. Your splash page is a major deterrent and it took me almost a minute to figure out how to actually get into the site. Keep in mind that I am one of the more technically inclined and web-savvy people out there, and most people aren't.
    2. Your medium-dark greys and blues don't go together nicely. I find that I can distinguish individual colours and solid lines within the gradients (something that appears to be more a general factor among gradients in that general hue area than any real fault of your own) and
    3. Your menu is a smaller font than your body text. It should at least be the same size since it's your navigation system. You should also use a different colour when a link is visited; the dark grey you've selected is extremely hard to read.
    4. There are many spelling and grammar errors on your site. On the home page, the word "business" is misspelled. The last sentence in "Technical Help" is unfinished. Overall, your grammar and spelling is very poor.
    5. The site as a whole gives off an air of glittering generality. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, "glittering generality" is an old marketing term designed to describe sentences and phrases designed to sound pleasing to the target audience, but do not actually reveal anything concrete about the product and/or company. When examined more closely, these phrases and sentences often tend to bring up at least as many questions as they do answers. For example:
      Delta Web Designs is a dedicated staff that works hard for you.
      How many people are on the staff?

I think you get the idea.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I agree w/ TheGame on all points. Develop a color scheme that's bright and inviting, and don't use a splash page. This is a site that's trying to prove that you are good enough to make someone else's site. Splash pages are controversial at best, so I would lose it for your page. Use it on clients if they really want it, but for yours, I'd steer clear.

Member #
    Alright, i have changed my site layout 3 different times. humph, i am not giving up hope, i don't think that with web design you either got it or you don't i think it just takes time to learn the right look, do you agree? what type of colors should i tend to stay around when designing and what kind of fonts, layouts, etc...? any response is very greatly appreciated. plz help.

Member #
    www.colorschemer.com/online is a good tool to use to find colors that work well together. Pick one color, and it will give you a handful of complimenting colors.

JR
    Member #
    Or my colour schemer for the contest, which is much better
    JR

Banned
    Member #
    agree with most of the stuff above, the main text bigger than the nav? why is this?.. and i have to go home before i can choose another section?
    There is some potential here, needs more work

lose the splash it causes me distress

Banned
    Member #
    spluff is that color picker thing yours, you seem to reference it a lot :P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads