Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Question Feedback on re-designed landing page and homepage

I'm new here, so hi all.

I've recently re-launched my business, with a new site in Wordpress.
    I've tried to make it with a good UX, good trust factors (logos, testimonials etc) and friendly sales copy but I would really appreciate some feedback. I need to make the main landing page and homepage as good as possible, as the web design market is highly competitive in my region.

Here's the main landing page, where people will land from paid ads.
    https://webinfinity.co.nz/website-design-wellington/

A friend told me they like it, apart from the image background (of Wellington) in the hero section. My reasoning for this was because all of the intended traffic for this page will be for people in the Wellington region, so I thought it may increase conversions. But I do see their point, it's not an image a web design company would usually use. So I'm very much in 2 minds regarding this.

I'm looking for feedback on the general design, usability and sales copy. Is it friendly, easy to read? Does what I'm offering come across clearly?

And here's the homepage;
    https://webinfinity.co.nz/

I'm looking for the same feedback as the landing page (please) but also what are your thoughts about the video background on phones? I've enabled it for phones, which I know could slow down the user experience for people on 3G or even 4G but I have highly compressed the video, so it's under 1MB.

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Google's and my opinion is the same:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/...2F&tab=desktop

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sibert View Post
    Google's and my opinion is the same:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/...2F&tab=desktop
    Thanks for your feedback. So you think the homepage is loading too slowly?
    I've done quite a bit of testing and it seems to be loading really fast in New Zealand (where all my clients are), especially the above the fold content (due to the use of critical CSS) but thanks again for the feedback.
    Yes, I'm in 2 minds re the video background for phones. Thinking about disabling for phones.

If you or anyone else has feedback / tips for the landing page, in regards to design, usability and the sales copy (mainly in terms to improve the conversion rate), that would great.

Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webinfinitynz View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. So you think the homepage is loading too slowly?
    Yes. Outside NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by webinfinitynz View Post
    If you or anyone else has feedback / tips for the landing page, in regards to design, usability and the sales copy (mainly in terms to improve the conversion rate), that would great.
    I avoid "dead sea rolls" because I have hard to find and navigate. But this is a personal opinion :-)

Remove Ads