Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Please Review My Long Island Restaurant Niche Website

  1. #1
    Member longislandhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Commack
    Posts
    61
    Member #
    60353
    Liked
    7 times

    Current Rating

    Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

    Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

    Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

    Rate This Site


    Advertisement (login to hide this!)


    You must be logged in to view this site

    Talking Please Review My Long Island Restaurant Niche Website

    Hey guys,
    First off want to say I love this Forum. I've been getting more active on it since last March aka when my Boss showed me the door. OH WELL LOL.

    Regardless you may be familiar with my MAIN website Long Island Hub. The thing was I having trouble making it understood from the moment you went on it. So I seeked advice & recommendation on this forum & took action. What I realized is that I had to take the many themes of the main website and fragment them into niche based websites. I owe my thanks to this forum for offering their help.

    The niche website is for Long Island Restaurants and its link is https://www.linyrestaurants.com/

    Let me know your reviews, suggestions, advice or anyway I can fix, edit or improve the website.

    Thank You!

  2.  

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    25
    Member #
    60927
    Liked
    6 times
    Pictures won't hurt :-)
    longislandhub likes this.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    393
    Member #
    39859
    Liked
    139 times
    I agree with sibert, You need to add some photos or graphics. It could be some of the restaurants or food items but it is too bland right now. Of course I am sure you know that if you click a link to a type of food you end up at namecheap.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    29
    Member #
    60934
    Liked
    10 times
    Pet peeve of mine: blog articles are not called "blogs". A blog is something where blog articles appear. So, when you write "restaurant blogs" in your menu, I expected a list of blogs that are located on restaurant sites.

    Aside from that, I agree with the need for images. I also don't understand the purpose of the site yet, even after reading all the copy. What value do you produce for visitors? What will someone get out of your website? This should be clear immediately.
    longislandhub likes this.

  6. #5
    Member longislandhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Commack
    Posts
    61
    Member #
    60353
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sibert View Post
    Pictures won't hurt :-)
    How do I add pictures without slowing down the site?

  7. #6
    Member longislandhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Commack
    Posts
    61
    Member #
    60353
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nshep View Post
    Pet peeve of mine: blog articles are not called "blogs". A blog is something where blog articles appear. So, when you write "restaurant blogs" in your menu, I expected a list of blogs that are located on restaurant sites.

    Aside from that, I agree with the need for images. I also don't understand the purpose of the site yet, even after reading all the copy. What value do you produce for visitors? What will someone get out of your website? This should be clear immediately.
    Thank you for your feedback. It's a local based niche website.

    So to understand better. Imagine your local neighborhood.

    To attract the right traffic I feature blog I've written in regards to Long Island Restaurants.

    Like Body Builder dot com it grabs attention with the content and later will sell. Right now I am focused on the content specific to the target audience who is a Restaurant Owner on Long Island or someone who enjoys restaurants on Long Island.

    Any further suggestions I appreciate them because I am always looking to improve

  8. #7
    Member longislandhub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Commack
    Posts
    61
    Member #
    60353
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    I agree with sibert, You need to add some photos or graphics. It could be some of the restaurants or food items but it is too bland right now. Of course I am sure you know that if you click a link to a type of food you end up at namecheap.

    Yes, the Type of Restaurants page is a work in progress.

    Outside of that in regards to image. I am trying to avoid slowing down the website. Any suggestions because everytime I add images and test its page speed it is always slower.

    Thank you

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    393
    Member #
    39859
    Liked
    139 times
    Speed is important but if you optimize your photos they should not slow down the site that much. Most all web sites have photos.
    longislandhub likes this.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    29
    Member #
    60934
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandhub View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. It's a local based niche website.

    So to understand better. Imagine your local neighborhood.

    To attract the right traffic I feature blog I've written in regards to Long Island Restaurants.

    Like Body Builder dot com it grabs attention with the content and later will sell. Right now I am focused on the content specific to the target audience who is a Restaurant Owner on Long Island or someone who enjoys restaurants on Long Island.

    Any further suggestions I appreciate them because I am always looking to improve
    Make sure your value proposition is immediately clear to any visitor. You should not have to explain the purpose of your website.

    Also, as someone already mentioned, if you optimize your images, they shouldn't slow down your site too much.
    longislandhub likes this.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    25
    Member #
    60927
    Liked
    6 times
    All images slows down the website. A bit. But the minor speed loss with pictures will increase your page rank and raise the number of hits. You will almost never get a date without a photo :-)

    So Google is your friend: https://codeburst.io/5-steps-to-spee...e-65c874a86966

    Search and you will find...
    longislandhub likes this.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Tags for this Thread

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com