Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone!
    I am starting up my own Internet Radio station. To accompany this, I am creating a website using Namo WebEditor 3. Since I have no money to pay a proper web designer i've decided to have a crack at it myself.

What i've come up with so far is located here:
    http://intermixradio.musicmix.at

My own opinion is that it is quite plain and is in need of something lively. It seems like the site is lacking something, but with my novice expertise i cannot decide what.

I have seen in these forums that there are some quite knowlegable people here, so please if you have any suggestions then I will be extremely greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Good work so far!

You could certainly make your site more lively, but I'd concentrate on making it functional first.

For now, the main changes I'd make on the look of the site is to use a sans-serif font (Verdana or Arial), and switch to more dark text on light background rather than the other way around. This will make it more readable.

If you want other ideas for how to make a more eye-appealing website, look around at other sites, and view the source code for them. There are things you can do with table borders, layout, etc., that won't require much fancy coding.

Good luck!

Member #
    well, good work for having a crack at it on your own, here are some suggestions, lose the splash page, this is the first page that comes up when someone visits your site and u say enter here, many customers would rather be taken directly to the main site, stick with lighter colors, as posted above, if you need a color scheme you can go to the october contest section of this site and use the color schemer that JR has made. try to incorporate graphics with your site also and if you need help with some images post in the service requested part of this site, maybe someone will be willing to do something for you for free. Keep working and you'll get it. also, look for inspiration from other well established web pages there you will find redemption.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Remove Ads