Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, as most (i.e. none) of you probably don't know, I'm a mod at some other sites. One of them is www.addaboy.com, which is planning a MASSIVE remake! Part design remake, part CMS conversion, from IBF, to vB! Anyway, the designers asked for some opinions, and whom better than the WDF readers!

Here's a link to the thread over at addaboy.
    http://www.addaboy.com/forums/index....=0&#entry14789

Here's a link to the first draft of the new site.
    http://www.addaboy.com/forums/index....=post&id=14657

Here's a link to the second draft of the new site.
    (link gone)
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Eww... The only thing I don't like about it is that smudged cd that smears out into the content area... Other than that it looks great!
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Personally I kinda like it, but it's too big!
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    It's a cool concept, but it seems that the space for content is a little small. The top banner and left navigation areas are a little thick IMO. Cool idea though. How bout a little more color?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the CD myself, but what would look super cool is to fade it out, and maybe use it as a part of the background for the content area. It's a pretty cool design overall, and a big change compared to the current version.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Other than the CD (and I agree with Bud Bundy...fade that bad boy out), I'm down with this layout. It's funky like a monkey, so take it to the pay winda, if you willllllllllllllll.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Just updated my post with a link directly to the comments thread over there, and a link to the 2nd revision of the new site.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Second version is more slick, but it's a little dark. If this were site that gets visited once, it may be able to slide, but seeing a forum is visited daily, I think this is too dark for people to keep coming back to.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    2nd version pic went buh-bye. Designer just got his butt kicked off the site. Oh noes!
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    In my humble opinion the main site looks great. But in my experience, when cutting the pieces off from a picture and placing them into code, things tend to cahange quite a bit, specialy with them' funky effects you got going on there. Anyways good luck coding the the page and I'm looking forward to see the final result.
    P.S. do something about that huge CD - it distracts the attention from the rest of the page,it was the fist thing I saw and it says nothing about the content of the site. If you want to respect the rules of WebUsability, the first thing you need to draw attention to, is the radio antena with the "Home of the ....." and not a secondary graphics effect (the huge CD)
    Regards
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads