Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: robweb design

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Guys/Gals,

I have, at last, finished my new website layout to a standard that I feel is satisfactory, and one page is viewable at the home page.

Please can you reply to this thread with all of your comments and suggestions for improvement.

So... www.freewebs.com/alecp is the link :-)

EDIT @ 31st Oct - Replaced Layout completely, what do you think?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I like the clean easy navigation, look and feel to the site, although I think there just needs to be a little more graphic wise considering the layout, you have only really demonstarted your skills with the header of the page.

Maybe a little more to look at if your being really picky. But I like it as it is and think you have done a good job.

Well Done

Member #
    Looks great!

I don't know if this is being looked after but your example pricing guide and quote request are 404's. I think it is a nice, clean website, well done!

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    The design is a little basic for a design company, IMO. Also, if the preloaders are working properly, the speed of the host isn't that big of a factor. The loading of the image is not being triggered until it's moused-over, which means the preloader isn't working.

I'm not a fan of all of the "..."'s. I think they're called elipses. Especially on the first line of content on your site. It looks lazy when you use the paragraph heading as part of the sentence on the next line. That's just my 2 cents though.

Also, in Mozilla, there's a little bit of white space in the banner where two images don't quite touch.

Member #
    an overall of 7

No ofense please. There are a couple of things I don't understand. If you are a design company why the picture with the hardware. It makes no sense to me. The banner also needs a little more work - like a texture or something, in the background. Also as a extra advice,in your "Services page" leave a little white space between the blue line and the bottom margin of the page so I know the table is over from looking at the page the first time, without draging the scroll barr to make sure.
    Oh, one more thing, it might be a good ideea to move your text inside the table a couple of pixels to the right so you have some empty space between the left table border and the text - evoide the crowding sensation.
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My first comment is that the page doesn't appear to have a satisfactory "base" to me. It would look 100% better if you simply had a dark blue line (ie. single line of text with navy-ish backgr) with copyright information etc. at the bottom... that thin line just doesn't seem enough to me... I keep wanting to scroll down to see if there's more.

Secondly, if I were you I would put some cellpadding into your text cell... the words are, for me, too close to the lines. I would prefer to see some more whitespace around the edges. Also, don't be afraid to use '-'s in words... things like pre-made, all-important, and the commas are used in rather an eccentric way... in the "Adaptable" paragraph remember that words encased between ","s should be optional (ie. the sentance should read correctly without).... "to your needs or if we create..." doesn't read right to me (!)

Lastly, your coding.... no "alt" text on the buttons... you need them.

Sean

Member #
    Right - I had to do a system restore a few days ago, and 'Dopey me' lost all of my web design files, because I forgot to back that folder up. However, I have created a new layout, and it is viewable at www.freewebs.com/alecp. There is no content (as yet) but I would like to know your thoughts on the site as a whole, and the rollovers please. The blue nav bar in the content box is an example of what I might be putting at the bottom of each page - chek it out please.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The rollovers don't seem to be preloading.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I like that layout better. I just don't like how the font changes from Arial to Verdana and becomes slightly larger in the top menu.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    see my post in the "HTML/CSS" forum for that problem I am having, as my previous preload script didn't work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads