Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please can you let me know what you think of this web site I am developing?

It is not quite complete yet, but most of the design work is done.

http://www.pilatesstudioglasgow.co.uk/index.html

Thanks.

Member #
    Simple design which is effective, but no navigation???

Im not to sure about the colours.

Member #
    I like the layout, though I agree the colors aren't my favorite.

I'd suggest you break up the content on your Information page. You could either put each section (What is Pilates, History, Results, etc.) on a separate page, or use tabs and divs to make different sections visible.

Nice, clean, easy to read info.

Member #
    I definately don't like that yellow background, try a light grey (#EEEEEE or #CCCCCC) other than that it looks pretty good so far. Simple designs are usually enough and are much easier to pull off.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Hmm, I don't want the site to be too simple or plain. I want the colours to be vibrant and warm however, so I don't like the idea of using grey too much.

What ideas can you give me for spicing it up?

Member #
    i like the simplicity although it may be beneficial to redue or create a different navigation the one you have now could use some work, if you are working with dreamweaver/fireworks it would be easy to make a dropdown box for your main navigation. try to make your navigation horizontal across the top rather than vertical to the left, although there is completely nothing wrong with having it to the left, don't get me wrong, i feel that it may look better with it being horizontal up top.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    hello

Man, oh man:
    Several things :
    1. Regarding your menu - never,ever align menu links to the center
    2. If you want a seriouse web site, never provide links to sites that are "under constuiction" - at least not in your home page.(if you must provide aditional links or references make an extra section named "Links" )
    3. The menu on the left looks more like a banner and has no place there especialy when you have a perfectly good red bar on the upper side of your site
    4. In the information section there is way toooooo much text at once for onew page. Try making some kind of tabs for the main paragraphs "History of Pilates ", "So what is Pilates", "What Results Can I Expect" etc. so I can display only one at the time.

And there is more. But I think you already hate me so...I'll stop
    ..with nothing but good intentions
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Member #
    No asarpe I don't hate you lol! If you have more suggestions please post them.

The link on the site is a link to itself which I think I will take off. The site isn't live yet, I'm just getting some feedback here before it goes live. I need to get some more content for the home page, and also some of the other pages.

Don't concentrate too much on the content, the information page has loads and the classes page has none.

You can tell me what you think of the layout of the content on the prices and contact us pages if you want.

Thanks.

Member #
    The logo is nice. but the body color and the left banner bar don't match they are tacky. nor do they match with the header and footer images I suggest use the http:///www.colorshemer.com/online and find some nice colors that match the red

Member #
    I've given this web site a very different look. It is not done yet, and needs tidied up round the edges, but what do you think of the general look, feel and colour scheme now?
    http://www.pilatesstudioglasgow.co.uk/index.html

Thanks,
    Stephen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads