Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is this?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I finally put up my site; not all of the stuff, only like 50%. I still have a few of the main pages to make. The site is NeoGurus.net and its an anime and gaming site. I only have a bit of the media up [3 series (not complete) and i have atleast 60 more - i got a Truckload of Anime stuff i'm gonna put up]. The purpose of the site it to serve as a resource for people to look at anime screens, check out the art, read reviews, get walls, and more.

So, if anyone has some sugguestions for version 2 of the site please let me know. I already have something set for making the site atleast 1/2 in flash, and the other have plain code. I'd like to keep the grey and orange tones but anything can be changed.

And i have a small q. Where can i get a Good, Easy, Free blog for my site. Those of you who looked through it might have noticed a "Staff Log" link, My friend Angel wanted a place to vent and rant about her week so i told her i'd look into something that she would be able to upload on her own without me having to make a page then upload it to the server and stuff like that. Shes not very computer literate so if it could be easy to learn how to use, and easy to customize the layout of it. But i wouldnt mind knowing of some advanced blogs [free or other] for myself and my comp. literate friends.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    for starters your banner is sweeet! how did you make the 3d tenticle type things in it?

you nav would look better with some sort of style on it so it looks more like a link than just a piece of text.

text is a bit small in your content and im on 1024 X 768 (i think thats right) boost that up a couple of px's

site stats isn't something i'd reccommend displaying on a webpage it makes them look unprofessional etc..

maybe align your whole site centre and have the grey border that is behind your nav on the right too to fill it out..

overall it's a nice smooth design good job :-)
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    Like kirman said, the banner is nice, the text is to small. And there is a lot of it, for people new to the site it may be slightly confusing whats what.

Nice looking site though.,

Member #
    NICE!!! I like everything except for the Nav... it is very hard to read

Member #
    I agree with what's been said so far. If you're going to go w/ light text on a dark bg, you may want to darken the bg to make it easier to read. On my CRT, the gray background looks much lighter than it does on my LCD, and is harder to read.

Member #
    I agree with everyone else about the menu.One more thing don't use a red underline for the links. Ever used MSWord ? That's how the text looks when is incorrectly spelled, I think there odda be a red underline right here, so I'm automaticly looking for spelceck errors(damn I did it again).
    About the banner - I'm lovin' It, but under Opera it seems to be a little extra line on the right, after the banner ends, that dosen't look right.
    Except these tings, the site looks great. Good job.
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Member #
    Nice site - as for the weblog try:
    eBloggy
    Good luck!

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    WOW!! Thanks for the input, and the complements.

And some of you mentioned the res is made for 800x600 and not 1024x768; this is because my partner is ignorant and wont view in 1024x768 and was bugging me about how he cant view the site becasue he constantly has to scroll to the side. THen when i tell him to chenge the res he says "It makes my desktop look bad". But i so agree. I'll consider changing it to a higher res - my eyes hurt reading it on my comp [ work in 1024x768 ]. This will take a while becasue i need to re-size everything and change the templates i use.

I'll take the stat bar off due to the fact that i dont even like it. So its gone.

Thanks for the complements about the banner!

And for the Blog link!

I'll take it all into consideration. I'm making some updates this weekend and i'll try to change things. Thanks to everyone for helping!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    800x600 isn't your problem. That's a good thing, because a lot of people use that as their resolutino and horizontal scrolling is bad.

Your problem is that your font is too damn small. Make it bigger!

Member #
    fix the nav. As for the tenticles try robouk.mchost.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads