Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cutler

Thread: Need advice on design

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Need advice on design

Hello guys. My website is origamishowcase.com. It's an only origami art gallery / blog. I do plan on improving the design but not sure yet. I use wordpress and am still getting comfortable with certain things. Right now I've been keeping things simple and clean.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I would personally use a quicker transition on the slideshow and use only one animation type.
    The amazon affiliate links are also a little off center. Pretty noticeable on mobile
    Good job on putting the effort in!
    ultrastyle likes this.
    $1/year Portfolio Hosting with Promo Code: WEBDESIGNFORUMS

Agency: Marshalled Makers
    Hosting: Marshalled Makers Hosting

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutler View Post
    I would personally use a quicker transition on the slideshow and use only one animation type.
    The amazon affiliate links are also a little off center. Pretty noticeable on mobile
    Good job on putting the effort in!
    Thanks. I'll stick to 1 transition. I'll see if speed is one of the options on the plugin since i'm using wordpress. Also i'll see how i can move around the affiliate links, I just added them yesterday so i've just been playing with it so far.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtueNetz View Post
    I think you have to prefer a WordPress theme like
    1. Astra
    2. Ultra
    3. Divi
    These three are the top themes according to your art gallery/ blog
    Thanks. Im gonna need to add more graphics, seems like changing the theme itself wasn't enough.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hi there, so im going to be the harsh guy here, when I land on your website page, im not wowed or thinking geez look at this or anything like that, literally two images stuck next to each other. It seems like nothing a half concept. I would maybe take what you have inside that ideas section and put them as image links on the front page. same with the gallery, that slider is massive im going to go through 10 slides and leave what if image number 11 12, or 13 was amazing to me? It's better to grid them so i can skim over them. Seeing those are blog posts, im just thinking about the overall site structure as this gets bigger are you just going to keep adding to that blogroll?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Hi there, so im going to be the harsh guy here, when I land on your website page, im not wowed or thinking geez look at this or anything like that, literally two images stuck next to each other. It seems like nothing a half concept. I would maybe take what you have inside that ideas section and put them as image links on the front page. same with the gallery, that slider is massive im going to go through 10 slides and leave what if image number 11 12, or 13 was amazing to me? It's better to grid them so i can skim over them. Seeing those are blog posts, im just thinking about the overall site structure as this gets bigger are you just going to keep adding to that blogroll?
    For now I prefer the simplistic layout for ux reasons. I'm getting a logo made and will have to add a bit more to jazz it up. The gallery section I agree should be easier to navigate. Right now i'm using the MetaSlider plugin on wordpress. Any goods plugins you might know?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well, I'm glad you have a plan in place, that always good, and eventually if you keep testing you are going to find a design that works really well for you and your readers. ... Well that's what most of us do it

As for your question on the gallery slider like I said go with a grid or maybe even a carousel that shows more than one image.

Good free plugins for this in my experience are WP Slick Slider and Image Carousel it's not as fancy as rev slider or enviro gallery but really those others are so bloated and really for your minimalist site they would be too much. You could also try Slider Carousel – Responsive Image Slider

Remove Ads