Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys and gals, whats your opinions on my website, content/layout colours etc, been up almost 2 months now.

Chris

www.p2p-archive.com

Member #
    Hey

Your site is not bad, though some things don't line up correctly such as the "Guide: Beginners" and "Downloads" boxes. Also, browsing through the site I noticed a bunch of grammar and spelling errors - example being: "What you wonted not here ? then email us with your request and we will see if we can put it up for you" in your "Torrent" page. Just pointing out some minor flaws for you, if you are interested to fix them.

Good Work,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    about the boxes not lining up, this is aproblem i have been unable to fix thought i have tried many times, in dreamweaver it is lined up correct you see but on the net it is not, about the spelling mistakes thanks for pointing them out, Chris

Member #
    Hey

Can you post that bit of code that works in Dreamweaver? I may be able to find the problem.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Di-do on posting the code. And one more thing try to "populate" the blue section of the upper banner with something. It looks like it's incomplete. Also get rid of the green lines above and below the banner and make it stick to the topmargin of the page (like it is here on our beloved WDF)
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Member #
    Your site confused me at first. I don't know what you want me to look at first. You have a lot of boxes in an area where I'd expect to find an introduction to your site. I'd recommend you take the "Welcome Friend" text, add to it a little bit and put it in a larger box in a prominent area. Also, the scrolling ticker is annoying IMO.

Member #
    On entering the site, I see a scrolling marquee, which takes a while to load in Firebird anyway, but is fast moving and jerky, so quite hard to read. I also see too many boxes with content in, the "headers" for these boxes are too large, and the fact that there are so many could be lessened by having smaller headers perhaps. Your logo's do not blend into the headers at all and look quite "amateurish".

Your Home page is way too long!! on 1024 by 768 resolution I had to scroll some 12 screen lengths before I go to the bottom of the page, which contained two stats logos and one broken image.

Your bottom banner is different to your top banner, and your bottom banner looks of very poor quality.

Your news box width changes size as you go down the page

Please note that the above comments are not meant to offend, but are meant to be constructive comments to enale you to create your own good quality website !
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Your sites not bad, maybe your welcome message could do with being put in the middle and the guide and other boxes out on the left hand site.

Your homepage is very busy, the marquee makes it look a little scrappy, may be the font you are using, I would consider changing that to some sort of news flash box.

I like the design its just the layout and organization of the site that needs to be sorted.

Member #
    Thanks guys, your input has helped, a few things, i have changed size and colour of marquee to maybe blend it in with the site better, about the top part and the blue space, i did have a banner there but it looked worse with it in place, and about the welcome message not being so prominant, i will sort that out , Also im still on a learning curve and still am classed as an amateur in many ways .thanks agains guys

Chris

Member #
    That is slightly better than it was before, but I feel it would be better to just get rid of the marquee. A suggestion to shorten the home page would be to include only snippets of the news...

You need to spend some time aligning your content/header boxes etc..
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads