Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Site Critique

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm starting a site for a new business in my community, it's called Moms in Motion. It's an aerobics class that's going to be held for moms while their children are in school.

Because the target audience is women, I visited a number of sites geared towards women: MarthaStewart.com, FoodNetwork.com, and most impressive of them all, HGTV.com. I worked alot on the color scheme, and I consulted a woman who doesnt know a lot about web design, but does know a lot about color theory. It's still a work in progress, but here's what I have so far.

www.mominmotion.com

As a side note, Martha Stewart's website violates a ton of rules generally followed in web design. Her home page is made up entirely of images!! Regardless, I'm sure it impresses the women who visit it that know nothing about web design: it looks pretty. That's what I'm trying to do here (although I'd like to stick to the rules as much as possible. )

Fire away!

Member #
    I like your website, It is very slick and clean. The only grumble I have is that the Navigation is quite hard to read, escpecially the "About the Instructor" bar.

PS. I think that the content box should be bigger, and the navigation <valign="top">, because on 800*600, you don't get the whole capture of the navigation on your screen.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I've had reservations about the nav's font too. I was just hoping other people wouldn't. :ichatangel: The vertical size isn't definite yet, the whole thing is one image right now, I can move stuff up once I get it in HTML. Thanks for the comments.

Member #
    I like this design, its clean and effective. Im not a huge fan of the drop shadow but thats only when im being really fussy, mor then likely looks better with it on.

The colours used are good, and another thing I really like is the rounded corners of everything, it really finishs the site off nice.

Nice work,

JR
    Member #
    I like it, simple yet effective. My only criticism is the font for the nav, some of the older women may find it a little too hard to read
    JR

Member #
    Nice and clean it sure is, but there
    is too much white space IMO
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy and the tallest guy in the National Basketball Association is Chinese."

Member #
    crit <<<

You have a nice clean design . The colors are great expecially for this time of year. Maybe site colors could change with the seasons to keep it fresh. Your site is so clean and nicely designed but you are constraining it with all these shapes within shapes. I would remove the shape around your text and open up you navigation. give it some more air. Then you may see that the over-all page could be sized down thus speeding up load time.

I hope this was a help. Great clean design spluf there gonna love it.:classic:

Member #
    I like the text in the shape, keeps it all in place in a way.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments so far guys. I'll work on that font in the nav.

Member #
    Looks great so far, once the font in the nav is fixed it should be great!

Nice Work,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads