Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Member #
    Those are alot of sites to ask opinions on. I'm gonna critique the first two.

The first one: It looks VERY busy. I counted 14 boxes of content. When some of the boxes are advertising, it makes some of your content look like advertising too.

Also, you have A LOT of color here. The yellow/gold background is very bright against the blue background. It was distracting to the eye. Trying to read some of your content (ie. local news, recent poll, etc) was a real chore, because the site is so busy.

The second one: fewer colors which is good, but the picture in the banner is hard to make out. After staring at the picture for a minute or so, I realized that you put a watermark over the image. The image is too dark, lighten up the color overlay on that.

Banned
    Member #
    the first ones got a nice layout, but the colors are pretty crazy i would tone down a bit (a lot) and make the structure more consistent.
    content seems pretty complete, never been to wexford, tho its one of my main ambitions. where is it? couldnt find any mention of location on the site

Member #
    after going deeper into the site, i suggest "White-Space" wherever there is text that is not advertising...like the blue backgrounds and black text..not good...perhaps on the main page put articles in middle in front of some white too...this would help distinguish content from ads i think...

other than that nice design for a community site...I realize community site have to be busy but tidy that business up with some color seperations...

strong points:

1. party atmosphere...good going
    2. nice detail in the background images
    3. would make me want to go out and chug a few brews!
    4. upbeat although busy.
    http://www.GetNewHosting.us/scgi-bin...ers/fed_up.jpg
    or Aol Instant Message (AIM) me at GetNewLIVE with questions!

Remove Ads