Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi! I just found my way to these forums, and I like what I've seen. I'd really appreciate some feedback on my site if you have time to take a look. I know there's some obvious problems with it... like the fact that I haven't updated it in forever and still have some old site competition graphics and advertisements on it. That's why I'm looking for honest feedback... I'm about to do a major overhaul of the site and want to know what to keep, what to improve, and what to toss. But any comments you care to give would be appreciated. Thank you .

http://toomanytears.cjb.net

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Well, I'd not use cjb.net as a linker, as it pops up links for gator. Welcome to WDF!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hey,

To be blunt I would keep the text but toss the rest. I'll give you some of my thoughts:

> Black background = bad - This site is a memorial for those who died from suicide, I would use white with some soft pastels rather than the black.
    > Frames are mean - Use php includes rather than a frame, just because they are evil!
    > Fonts - I would change the font to a sans serif such as verdana or ariel.
    > Maybe add some graphics to the header and navigation to liven it up.

Also I don't like it that I cannot turn off the music when I visit the site, so maybe change thet.

Just agreeing with you that it needs a major overhaul, and hopefully we can all help you out here!

Good Luck,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Thanks
    Can someone tell me how to fix it so the buttons appear to turn music on/off? That's something I'd really like to add but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Sorry... I left once the music started =x
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Looks like this is the line of code in the left nav bar that's doing the sound:
    <embed src="fireandrain.mid" autostart="TRUE" hidden="TRUE" loop="TRUE"></center>

Not quite sure about the controls, but you can for now make Loop = false. Doing the same to hidden should also pop up the controls, I think.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hmm... thanks Wired, I'll play around with it. I like the music, but I'd like for people to be able to choose to listen or not. And I'd like the page to load without it, and then give them the option to turn it on. For faster loading.

Anyway, I've been playing around with a new design. The links don't work and there's ads at the top because this is not where I intend to host it, and all I have posted is the front page. But does this look like a better design? I've taken the advice of various people, lightened it up a bit and ditched the frames. What do you think?

http://flowerchild1234.tripod.com/index.html (test site)

Member #
    Any takers on viewing the "test" front page? I'd really appreciate some feedback on whether you think that would make for a better site design. Thank you

Member #
    who rated this a 5??? well IMO it looks like a hand coded///notepad job. it needs a lot of work. but don't get worried look for inspiration from othersites and stuff. and read tuts.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    DeltaWeb ~ Most of it *is* hand-coded because I'm just a college student trying to put a good message out there. But I appreciate the feedback . Did you think the "test" page for the new design was better, worse, or about the same? Thanks .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads