Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Dear all,

I would like to hear ur opinion about my new portfolio, and i have a nice small forum ..u can post me or to others nice comments about webdesign..

Clayball Online Portfolio

Regards
    Amr
    Clayball

Banned
    Member #
    nice work i like it

Member #
    My first impressions I got when I went on your site was good, I like the look and feel of the place however Im not to sure about your rolling stone, it takes away a lot of the professional look of the site, because it has no gradient effects on it etc just looks to cartoony, other then that I think your site looks great, nice work, well done

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like the site... and also some nice work in there!

Some issues:
    -Once you leave the man page, navigation gets sketchy.. I'd make it more than just watermarked icons.
    -Forums? Eh.. get rid of 'em. No reason for them on a portfolio site.
    -Resume: personally, I'd cut it down, it's REALLY long and got a lot of unneeded info. Like all the sites you've designed... sure it fills up space, but that's all - and it's clear that was the intention of it. I'd get rid of listing individual sites/aspects of them for more of a sentence like "I've designed sites for companies such as [name three big ones]" of course make it fit in well with the rest of it.

overall good work
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I like the site, great color scheme and easy navigation. The icons are a little hard to see, and I agree that you should scrap the forum.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I like the site, and the navigation is clear enough for me. But I agree with Brak about the forum and resume. On a site about you, I don't see a huge interest in a forum. Plus, if the forum looks unsuccesful, it's a reflection on you. As for the resume, it looks padded: when you say "Designed web graphics", you don't have to go into detail about designing animated banners, icons, and webpages. Put down that you were a web and graphic designer, and discuss your role in an interview. Also, your resume contains your opinion, which it shouldn't: "Graduation: Very Good" and "Graduation Project: Excellent" don't belong there.

Other than that, I like the design, very nice.

Member #
    Thanks for ur opinion all of u, it was really helpfull ...

- The rolling stone and its cartoony look ..for i want it to be the main character of my coming episodes ..which will be adventures of a clayball..so thats why i made it simple as possible to be animated in flash ..

- About the forum, yes i am with u i see it is not important ...i failed to make my friends go there and discuss with me i will remove it ..yes.....but i wish i can make a big forum like this forum we r in ....but it concerns designers and artists in my country "Egypt".

- About listing sites i have worked in ....i didnt mean to fill the space but i want to list work i have done ..for when employers ask about a designer ..they need to know what projects did he work in before. .
    but i will remove it ..and try to make it more simpler..

- About the graduation info ....this is the results i took at my last year in college ..so why not i put it ..please tell me how can i put them ..

About explaining the job description ..yes u r right ..i should brief it in one sentence only ..it is too long ..

overall ..i think i am not good in writing my own resume..i think i need more help from u..if u have any other comments please tell me ..

Thanks again
    Amr
    Clayball

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    In respect of writing your resume,
    Keep it Simple but in depth enough so people know, you know what you are talking about. If they want more information they will ask. By you putting too much information people may think that is all you can do, plus it gets almost boring to read. Keep it a bit mysterious i guess is the best way to put it. Make it fit on a single page if you were to print it with regular sized type. Hit big points but leave the others out.

In respect to the rolling clay ball icon I like it, very interesting. However there are some flaws in the looping animation. looks like the end position and beginning positions are off a little bit, and the speed that it rocks back and forth is not consistient, does not look seamless. But has excellient potential once you fix those..

In respect to the forum.. why beat a dead horse. Just like everybody else.. loose it. As mentioned a bare forum makes the whole site look bad, and that is not a word you want to associate with your work. I would seperate the forum from your site and when/if you get enough users/disscussions then i would consider bringing it back if you feel you must have it.

In respect to the whole site.. VERY nice.. love the design. Very good and orgional. Needs some minor polishing but is very well done. That is why we are here to help each other out. Keep up the good work.

Member #
    thanks really ...glyakk

i will do the comments u have told me and other also ...

Amr
    Clayball

Remove Ads