Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My New Website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello lovely forum,

I just stumbled across this forum after surfing for hours and am very happy to meet you all.

I developed this service by myself, it features instant webhosting and an online site builder for absolute begginners and absolute pros alike.

Access to my new site is 100% free for at least another 30 days and I welcome you all to come and have a test run of my web designer and hosting package whenever you have a minute.

I think that this forum is an idea place for me to gather both positive and negative criticisms about my new service and my pledge to you all is that in return I will offer the service 100% free to all forum members for at least another month.

If you are interested then please visit my site now:

http://incontact.co.uk

What I really want is an open conversation about my service so that I can make it better for everyone, so please instigate conversation if you can, it all helps.

Kind Regards

Michael Hein
    http://incontact.co.uk

Member #
    ooh not big on the bg music... site looks good though. haven't checked out any of the services though so i can't comment on that, maybe later...

Member #
    Some things don't line up properly in Firebird - ie the login box. The site doesn't look too bad, but there seems to be a lot of white space on my screen, maybe change the layout to liquid instead :ermm:?

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    well how do i get in? its very vague i can't findo ut how to. oh wait, i think i got in. yea, the link is very vague how to get in to the main part of the site. you might want to fix that. i went through your services its pretty cool what you have going on but. i think there is another company that beat you to it its called.... www.templatepark.com check them out maybe that will give you information on how to model your site better.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    I dont like the automatic music, its not too exciting and the left coloumn is messed up in Opera, but otherwise its ok.
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    I think the only thing that going to win you customers is the FREE bit written all over the site, the design doesn't look impressive enough for a hosting company.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    welcome to the forum..

didnt mind the music much kinds catchy, but i dont think music should be on sites unless you are running a music related site like a band site or if the user knows they are about to hear it by clicking on an audio file or something. Not very cool to just suprise people like that, remember its not about what you like, its what your users like. Unless you know your users go to your site to listen to your jazzy music i would just loose it. At least you have a mute button, chances are most people use it.. maybe even you. One exception is if you have some soft atmostpheric music such as a rainforest loop if your site is about, well the rainforest!! That would help enhance your site. Or if you have a flash site, they are well known and sometimes expected to incorporate audio. But dont be overbearing, and consider your audience.

Anyway good effort, just needs some polishing.

Member #
    Another vote for losing the music, and I also agree that the design is rather plain. On the page where you list all of your templates, I'd lose the paragraph you have next to EVERY template, because it's all the same. After people read it for the first time, they don't need it again. It's clear you copy and pasted all that, do people need it 15 times? Put all of those templates in a grid that puts them closer together, and put text describing them above that grid.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ugh music.. .saw your site for ~.5s and left because it interrupted my TooL... get rid of the music and I'll be happy
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Welcome to our forum
    regards,
    robc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads