Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Guys! Great Forums and glad to be a part of them.
    Now this is my first site but when you critisize, please don't say "Pretty good for the first try" which many ppl have said to me already. I want my site to be judged on its many obvious flaws(which there are unfortunately).

I want suggestions but some things i know already:

1) I am completely removing the loading bar thingy. It was completely pointless and fall apart on some pages. (i don't know what i was thinking!!)

2) I am also removing the background animations(you probrably won't see them because by the time teh images load, the animation alredy finished)

3) The Services Section sucks. The animation thing i have going on is not that good and that has to go.

The site is: www.vendingtrends.com

P.S.: Some ppl told me to use flash because my animations would go well with it, but i think that if some ppl don't have flash, it would scare them away ani would lose business. What is your opinion?

Well, you have the go ahead to be brutal in critisizing(don't you love that) so have fun!!!!!!!

:classic:

Member #
    Well then, I see you have put an honest effort into this so far, so here's what I would change:

>Scrap the Loading bar like you said
    >Sharpen some of the pictures like the Phonebooth and the little spin animation that comes up when you mouseover the links
    >The light blue and green borders would work better if they were all one color, rather than blue at the top and left and green at the bottom and right, just stick with one
    >In Firebird anyway, the green right edge of the border on the content pages is not aligned properly
    >Some of your mouseover images aren't cropped correctly (a little white triangle appears in the top right and bottom left) of your left navigation
    >You need to fix up your tabbed navigation at the top, there are some javascript errors with the mouseover (ie going from one tab to the other doesn't un-highlight the previous mouseover)

These are some of my suggestions, overall the site isn't bad, but it needs a more consistant look to each page, as some feel more fun and others more professional...

Hope this helps you,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    On your homepage, I would put some text. All you have is one big navigation bar. The homepage is the only page your guaranteed that people will see, so put something on that page that will give them a reason to stick around. A welcome message, with an intro about your company.

Download another browser and look at your site. In Mozilla, your payphone and vending pages start about 600 pixels down the page. There's a graphic that's supposed to be a border I think, but it just pushes the whole page down below it.

I'm not wild about the font you've chosen at the top writing out your company name. Looks a little unprofessional IMO.

It's a good start, keep at it.

Member #
    Its pretty unique and i like it! for the most part that is... i would advise you to loose the Times New Roman font you have used for your content.
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    It's good, but it just doesnt look the part.

What I mean by this, is that what you have is good, but it looks a little untidy, for example, the mouse overs, they are a good idea, but the actual graphic itself looks bad.

Its like this on the whole site. You need to make it look smoother and more professional, at the moment it is like a cartoon. If you overcome this problem you will have a good site.

And one more thing, one the other pages, you have your top menu navigation? Well on Mozilla (expect its the same on IE) the buttons stay hihglighted even after the mouse has been taken away, they stay like this untill you roll over them again, I would change it so they go back to normall when the mouse comes off it, otherwise you have a tacky looking green annoying you.

Good lwork and good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    my biggest consern is you dont need to have graphics and image maps everywhere for your layout.. it REALLY slows down your page.. you can get away with a much cleaner layout though css and it would load much more quickly.. If you do not know css there are tons of turorials on this site in the tutorial section and advice in the html/css. Do some searches on google and you will turn up tons of advice on the subject. If you will be designing sites on a regular basis you might be interested in getting a book or attending a seminar/class. Books I reccomend are 'Eric Myer on CSS' by Eric Myer or 'CSS the definitive guide' (a bit older) also by Eric Myer.

You have definate potiential with this site, good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My first comment for you is to seriously consider changing fonts. You've got four different fonts being used. Pick one for your logo, header, etc. and another one for the content.

The color scheme could use some work too, you've got way too many different colors and they don't compliment each other. Search the forum there's plenty of topics on color schemes.

Banned
    Member #
    grandmaster b's got it, you need more consistency of fonts and colors. one font for your heads, subheads, body, is usually a good idea, and the green and blue and various brown/orange colors arent working together
    The sites got potential but at times it feels like a powerpoint presentation. While your friendly approach works for your product, you need to make sure customers see you as a reputable business

also worth mentioning, im gettng horizontal scrollbar at 800x600 resolution

Member #
    i like the site a lot, it has a personal feel to it!
    but:
    resolution compatability should be fixed.
    tone down the size and boldness of your text a bit, you don't have to shout.
    change the font to "accord light sf", arial, garamond or something like that.. at least not "times new roman" ... looks a bit hmmm. tacky...(?)

Jan-Erik
    Norway

Member #
    Thanks a lot for the help guys but i don't understand, i used garamond, not times new roman!

this is my code for the font:

Code:
    <p style="font:13pt garamond; font-weight: bold">
    feel free to look at my source to confirm:classic:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads