Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,

I've just updated my site with a new design. Let me know your thoughts.

You can still view the old one by clicking the link to v2 at the bottom of the page.

www.shanerichards.com

Member #
    whoa man thats nice... hell even V2 is awesome... I LOVE THAT INTRO GRAPHIC... sweet work man...

Member #
    I agree, though the index page does next to nothing, at least you have a nice graphic for people to click on :P As for the design, personally I like v2 better, with a litte tweaking it would have been ok. v3 doesn't seem to flow together, maybe because each window is separated from the rest by a thick border?

Good job either way,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I like the design. The splash page is cool, but unnecessary. And this design could be coded w/o Iframes, which is more user- and search engine friendly. The site doesn't have a lot of color, but the bg color of the content box saves the design from being too dull and gray. Nice work.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I like it, although can't stand your portfolios... each one I tried had sound! Not to mention I ended up w/ like 5 bazillion tabs.. .try to keep it all in one window and nix the music! It ain't as cool as you think it is, and EVERYONE had different music tastes so some people are bound to hate it.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    had my speakers off heheheh it was fine that way =]
    not sure where the tabs came from mentioned above, maybe mozilla? but i like the design..only thing is u need rollovers on the nav imho. use a bright splash of color there

Member #
    Yes add some rollovers and also like Spluff said try using php to get rid of the iframe coding, or just do it without frames, also the top margin is huge and i have to scroll down to get to the whole site. Otherwise its really cool. You pull of the greyscale colors very well.
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    i agree that the borders are a bit too thick. angel blue, one of the sites in your portfolio is one of the coolest pages i've seen.. d***.. Could've toned down the music a bit, but I found it kinda pleasant.

Banned
    Member #
    nice work man, some cool stuff in the portfolio, couldnt get the go-karts to work tho. don't like some of the images you're using top left, site doesnt fit in 800x600

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Originally posted by Brak
    I like it, although can't stand your portfolios... each one I tried had sound! Not to mention I ended up w/ like 5 bazillion tabs.. .try to keep it all in one window and nix the music! It ain't as cool as you think it is, and EVERYONE had different music tastes so some people are bound to hate it.
    What do you mean? i didnt have any sound when i visited the portfolios.. maybe it was changed?? and have no clue what tabs you are talking about.. From my vantage point the site looks very nice.. very different then what i am used to seeing. I like to see designs like this. The colors of your site really suggest the earthy tone of clay such as i belive your 'mascot' is made out of. I think this site is very well done and fits its purpost very nicely. I tried to find something i didnt like about it and the only thing i can find is that your site uses iframes and is set to a resolution bigger then 800x600. But i will go out on a limb and say that all modern browsers support iFrames. So the only problem is for those who have an 800x600 monitor setting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads