Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

anyone care to give comments/critics/suggestions on my site?

Can someone please look over my site and give me a review of it? :classic: i would appreciate it!

Click here why don'tcha?

Please feel free to be as honest as you care to be; but none of that "Your site looks like ****. " End. Please, at least tell my why you think it looks like **** hehehe..

Sincerely,
    Jan-Erik

ps. I know I've cheated css1.0 standards a bit in two places, but I couldn't help myself

Member #
    i looked at some other sites around here, and it kinda made me feel pathetic:/ i don't know flash or php/asp.net/mysql etc etc. But I would still like to hear some advice how to make my site more visually attractive. (I don't want drop down menus though; maybe if I create something extremely simple and only text.)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Your site does not look as bad as you think.. it is a bit too dark to read some of the text and i would stay away from serif (times, bookman, garamond) fonts for web purposes, or any onscreen purposes for that matter.

Another thought is it is not as easy to make good/professional deisn with a black background. I am by no mean saying its not possiable, ive seen MANY great sites done with a black background but it is soemthing you need to know how to work with.. saying that i do not think you should switch.. just learn to use black. The first thing would be to make the text easy to read (content is key!!)

Hope this helps..

Member #
    Your site isn't too bad, it's probably the design that has got you down. It looks like it could use some graphical elements to it. I think that your page is too dark, maybe add some color or change the background color from black. Also, your links shouldn't be blue, they are hard to see on the black - not enough contrast. I like your image on the left, but the text is too hard to read, change it from grey. I think your site has some good potential, but mainly is lacking in interest because there is nothing to look at.

Good luck!
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Fairly normal, keep working on it thats all the advice any one can give you, dont give up because you have seen that people can do better.

It's fairly good, just a little to dark, maybe you need a banner and a little more graphics.

Good luck.

Member #
    Agree with the above. Work on brightening it up. If you cant brighten the site up, change the bg color to a lighter color and make the elements dark. Interesting 3 column design, just needs a little refining.

Member #
    I agree with what the others said.. a bit too dark though with a small change of colors it can be made to look better. I like the 3 colum layout esp. because the menu is on the right -not typical- side of the page Also I'd reduce the size of the links text and reduce the gaps between the columns. This is just my opinion & I hope you haven't been insulted

Good luck!

Member #
    Hi again People! Thanks again for all the comments on my last post I followed some of the suggestions. changed some stupid fonts; the coloring etc. Less space between the tables. What do you think now?? I'm aware there's still not many graphical elements yet, I just haven't had time!

All comments, good or maybe especially bad (critizism) appreciated :bandit:
    Here's the link again : http://rtm1981.diaryland.com/

Sincerely,
    Jan-Erik

Member #
    Looks good, I can see the navigation links now, though I think it would be better to go with a sans-serif font rather than just another serif.

Keep up the good work!
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I merged your new thread with your old thread, because this is the same site and this way we can see what suggestions have already been made and what you have changed, etc. Keep critiques on the same site to one post.

The site looks better with the lighter background, I think what it needs though is some graphics. It's VERY hard to design an appealing site with out any images. It can be done, but it's difficult. There's a lot of text on the page, and nothing to grab the visitor's eye and draw them in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads