Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

soj
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

here we go, my first post and i would like you to please comment and critisize (if u have to) on the new design and scripting. woops, nearly forgot the link (hahaha) CG Videos

thanks

soj

Member #
    Well I'm not a fan of the design, yes it is simple, though maybe too simple. I think a nice interface design to go with the clean look of the site would compliment it greatly. I know the site isn't finished yet, but the blueprints aren't working. You have the pop-up window, but the pictures are dead links.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I agree, its to simple and the content is fairly poor in my opinion.
    I like the balls in the banner but only because they look nice, they don't suit the actual design though, I think you need a little bit of a rethink but try and include them somewhere along the line, maybe its the colours and there is tomany of them.
    I dont know.

Good luck with the rest of your site.
    Daniel.

Member #
    Your homepage has no content. Even if the content is undecided, some filler text would be good to show us what it's going to look like. The balls look weird, they look like they have a weird film on the bottom of them but not on the top. I think it's an attempt at a lighting effect, but it doesn't look lifelike, IMO.

soj
    Member #
    if you already don't know, the site is for 3d content (3ds max, maya, lightwave, etc) the balls are a dodgy render to get an idea of what should be there, it will be a nice brazil render of a lamborghini muircialago. for the blueprint files, i haven't uploaded any pics, and they show some cars because of the database tests. i want the site to be plain and fast loading so ppl can go to the site and use it quickly and easily

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    well your site can still be lightweight and load fast if you create your graphics right.. although i am a fan of minimalist sites if they are well done i feel that a site that is about 3d modeling you would expect it to be a bit more graphics intensive then most website.. That does not mean you have to go all out with huge graphics and images but if i were visiting a site that i knew was about 3d content (rendered images and what not) i would expect to see some some of your work in the layout and not just in the header graphic.

Not a bad site.. but you might want to rethink your design stratigy and consider your target audience..

soj
    Member #
    well, there is one problem with having a graphical site is that i am only starting out at 3ds max so i haven't got the whole awesome graphics going for me yet (but it will happen and i will redesign the site completely) i will take your advice and make myself a 3d layout

Member #
    the design is ok, but it would look better with a car designed template, and not so plain. Try putting pictures of kick a$$ cars and stuff, yet i would spend a little more time in the template my self. Hope it works out for you.

Remove Ads