Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Gabeonline.com

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I know you guys hate flash, (j/k)

but check out my brand new portfolio anyway!

http://www.gabeonline.com

- gabe

Member #
    Dont really need a splash page, the design is pretty neat, but the mouse over noises were driving me mad.

The design and layout is really cool, and you have demonstrated some great design skills.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Member #
    Very nice site. Well designed and thought through. The music is relaxing and doesn't annoy me like on most flash sites. The page is designed very well and took a split second to load on broadband, don't know about anything less . Looking good.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Pretty sweet
    JR

Member #
    nice i love it... some fonts are a tad hard to read but...

i love that thing at the beginning where the text is "uncovered?" is that done with masks?

anyways good job. where do you get your sounds?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Great site.. and just to touch on the comment about the splash page.. why would you not put a splash page in front of a flash site? I personally think a quick loading splash page is essential if you have a site that is primarly/completly flash. It allows you to let the audience know they are about to view a flash site and need the proper plug-in but more importatly allows your users who are on a slower connection to decide of they want to wait for the site to download or not. Many people still are on slower connections and or have slow computers filled with programs running in the background and will bring your otherwise quick flash site to a crawl.

The site is great, love the visuals and music. Your site is not overloaded with flash effects, as i see in soo many flash sites but still has flare and is just plesent to visit.. I would maybe tone down the drop shadow in the menu items as it is makes the text a little hard to read but looks great over all.. the amount of content does seem a little sparse even for a portfolio site..

Member #
    Nice looking site. I'm not a fan of music on websites, but this music is very subtle and fits the site nicely. The transitions are cool, but the text is hard to read. If people will be returning to your site, the fading and animation could get annoying, as it just delays information. Just something to think about, nice work!.

Remove Ads