Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Recently, I just finished my new web site. AquaDraft.com is actually a Web Design site, so I can make MORE web sites, and get paid for it. Since this forum is filled with awesome designers, I would love to hear your opinions on my design.
    Thanks!

http://www.AquaDraft.com

-------------Rob
    www.AquaDraft.com
    Where professional artists meet expert programmers.

P.s. I know the "Why Choose Us" page isn't done yet... I'll fix that soon.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I think the top part is okay, but the whole site is too dark, too busy, and a little overwhelming. I'd flip your colour scheme around so that it's on white instead of black, and then lose some of the weird edges and brush effects.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hello Rob,

In my opinion, it looks more like some warez site.. and not the site promoting web design services... u should try to create more professional look

Also.. loading takes too long on dial-up.. better optimization of the bitmaps and omitting some of them can solve the problem

Member #
    'TheGAME', you said something about weird and brish effects? Which part of the web site were you reffering to? Just wondering which edges I need to fix.

-----Rob
    www.AquaDraft.com

Member #
    I agree with Martin Sojka, this site looks a little cartoon-ish to me. When I first come to the site, I'm overwhelmed because I see so many different blocks of text in different sizes, colors and with different backgrounds. I don't know where I should look first. Keep with it though, good start.

Member #
    I agree with what recommendations the other poster made. You have good graphic skills. However, a little goes a long way when it comes to design. Or, less is more, as the expression goes. Use less colors, but choose them carefully. Use fewer graphics. Make the page simpler. It will make the design more appealing to a wider audience. Keep working at it!

Member #
    its very cool, but it looks like a gamers site when it appears you dont know where to look first, its just in your face... as the ppl say, minimalism in a web design site looks better, and its a lot easier to lead a viewers eye around the site that way. Whe someone goes to your site they need to be able to take in what each bit is in a glance and start surfing. With your site there peoples brains will start overloading and after about 10 seconds they'll decide to go find another web design site...

like i said its a good site, I just don't think its what you should be looking for in that sort of a site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's very unprofessional for a web design site. You've got decent graphic skills, but this is overkill. What it looks like to me is a bunch of "trendy" objects slapped together. Maybe try making it a little more fluid, and less choppy. You've got all of these crazy angles, and bevels on everything...it's not very smooth.

One other thing that I notice is that it looks like you're trying to fill up the entire page. Sometimes that's not always a good thing. Try making your navigation a little smaller and put it on one line. A decent size for a button is around 30-45 pixels high...try something like that. I notice that some of the button text is out of alignment too. If you're seeing your g's and y's drop too far down, maybe try all-caps.

I hope that my comments aren't too harsh, but I'm trying to be honest. Use your graphical elements wisely. I believe someone told you already that a little goes a long ways.

Member #
    Yeah, I kind of went photoshop crazy. I was so excited in the process of making the design, I didn't think about how other people might view it. But all of your comments are very helpful. Other than my design....my only other problem is FINDING customers.

--------Rob
    www.aquadraft.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    - everything feels blurry
    - the spacing of the images is choopy in mozilla.
    - my motto: if it looks good in mozilla, it looks good in any browser worth having on the box
    - maybe don't use red, yellow, and green. Red and yellow give off negative feelings to most people who have driven cars before.
    - finding customers is a toughy, but the first thing to do is drive around your town and walk into stores asking to be hired for a web design deal. I recommend only asking those who have web sites already up. You can then update the site with new hosting, code, and design.
    - be sure you know how to code before trying to get people to pay money; if you can't write the site to be easy to update with a script/database; there is no point trying to sell a new shell. Selling only a new design is like trying to put a new body on an old car.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Remove Ads