Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi there,
    i have my own site. It is a mac news and rumors site with forums. Could you please tell me how i could improve the news section. I am trying to make it and the forums seperate, so you can view and comment on the news without having to register or anything. Is there a way to make it easier to use or look nicer? those are my main aims, to make it easy as possible and look as nice as it can possiblye be. Thanks, please check it out if you have the time. Macshrine.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    - i would have more varying icons or just make your X image better because it is right now really chopped up.
    - it might be better to only display 5 news items per page unless you are going for a slashdot experience.
    - it is okay, but the scanlines are way too big

edit:
    - also the forums header is very grainy.
    - you might want to use a different type of font for the header as well. planet kosmos isn't a mac font
    - a good mac font can be found from:
    http://www.designerinaction.de/fonts...p3?buchstabe=m
    - the site needs more color to give it a more inviting feel; most people hate pure white and black; good start with the news script and the forum

:chinese:
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Improve upon the news sites skining. the gpx could def. be improved upon. IMO Mac users are a group of "techies" that tend to prefer slim, contemporary, and technilogical designs. try to center around that type of look and feel. The forums gpx could be improved upon also, go to www.photoshopcafe.com and search for how to make that blue/white glass Mac X look. a tut can be found on that site.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    The graphics are good, but this looks like a list of news articles. Make them look like they're part of a site, and not just a bunch of boxes together on a page. Some info about the site might help before jumping right in with news articles. Even a banner would help, I have to look at my title bar to figure out the name of the site.

Member #
    Very clean, but needs a bit of drama...

The layout is very neat and legible. However, to give the page interest, something must stand out...something must be prominent. You should have a lead story that has a bold heading, a larger graphic and more paragraphs of text than all the other stories. The other stories should be less prominent. A good example is Netscape news page at http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/us.jsp . Notice how your eye is drawn first to the main story because of the bolder title, the larger graphic, and longer text. Also note how the main stories have more generous margins than the secondary news and headlines. You are directing the viewers eye and adding greater interest to the page. :classic:

Remove Ads