Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Here is my site, there isnt any info on it yet, im not planing on useing the red text it was just a page to check to see if my styles worked.

check it out and tell me the pros and cons of it

www.edge-designs.com

Member #
    You have a space on the left, move the design over and fill it, by doing this you will also be able to avoid having to scroll across the page.

It's to dark and gothic looking for my liking, people looking for a web designer will want a nice bright and colourfull site, this isn't one.

Like I said before the graphics are pretty cool but the design needs some thinking.

Hope this helps,
    Daniel

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with Daniel, looks a lot more like a gothic fan site of some sort than a web design site. Try going with a dark on light colour scheme, not light on black.
    JR

Member #
    Agreeing on all points made by DanielOliver and JR.

The graphics are way to dark for my tastes, and to be honest, they aren't inspiring me to get you to design my website.

You have a problem with the graphics at the bottom of the screen - see attachment for a piccy.

Also the fact that you have an Iframe, which I don't really like is quite bad, but even worse is the fact that you have two scrollbars. Get rid of either one, or the other.

And lastly, Lighten up your whole site .

Sorry if I'm putting you down, just my opinion.

2/5 designwise.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Forgot the attachment, here you go ;-).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Yeah, you cannot read your copyright info because the font is too light.
    Though it is possible to have a good design based on black, I don't think it is something you want to tackle. By keeping your site bright, easy to navigate and read, you stand a better chance at bagging clients. Your design now is not bad but I wouldn't use it for a webdesign site, maybe you could put it in your portfolio or use it as a template?

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    remember... if its a design site, it must please the audience. try to make it more "inviting" to a potential client. the dark colors tend to scare people away. i didn't see any warez or pron on there so try to limit the black.

Member #
    well thanks for all your input, ill work on a template later sometime, im gunna crash though i had to work at 4 am. Later all and thanks.

Member #
    It seems as if all you have changed is the red clouds to blue clouds and put in an iframe
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    lol i changed the layout, i made the banner area smaller, where the scroller was i made smaller, i also took out that bulky nav bar on the left and put it on the top, next time you should accually look a little harder at the site b4 u add ur comments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads